VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Hello all,

I'm having a problem with my player hts3450 where i can't unlock the region. Followed 99990 code and no luck. Someone mentioned that firmware has to be higher than v24. My dvd player has v24 and i am trying to update the firmware. When i burn G63G1.bin following instructions i get Unknown disc error on the player. Can someone please help me with this?

Thank you in advance.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Have you followed the directions provided with the firmware? The zip file should contain step-by-step instructions for burning with a program such as Nero.

This issue has been posted here before. The problem is usually related to improper burning of the image, such as using a different app and not setting the disc type correctly or assuming it is OK to burn at 48x when it states not to.
    Google is your Friend
    Quote Quote  
  3. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Thanks Krispy Kritter. I followed the instruction from the doc file that came with the firmware and did all exactly the same steps for using Nero but no luck. Main reason for updating firmware was to be able to unlock it and have a region free player. Anyway I tried unlock code for HTS3455 and it worked fine. It's all good now.

Thanks a lot.

For people running into the same problem with HTS3450, try code for HTS3455.

https://www.videohelp.com/dvdhacks/philips-hts3455/7966

It worked for me.
    Quote Quote