VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Hello, i've got a problem encoding a video with vdub. As i finish the second pass, and look whats done, the video has a strange stripe at the right. Its not crop, it isn't something that is done by a filter, and i don't know what to do.
    Here's a shot to see what i'm talking about
    http://store.picbg.net/pubpic/AC/09/6c8b54a34141ac09.jpg
    Quote Quote  
  2. You mean the vertical black line at the right edge? Are you sure that's not in your source. Junk at the edges is very common in broadcast video and camcorder footage. If it's in your source you can crop it away. If you think it's from the filtering, what filters are you using?
    Quote Quote  
  3. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Yep that one.
    Ehm, its not from the source, i've made dozen encodes, still the same, its not crop issue. And it happens with or without filters. I've checked every single option with no luck.
    Quote Quote  
  4. I've never seen VirtualDub do that. What encoder are you using? Post a small sample of your source and one of the files you made (Direct Stream Copy in VirtualDub).
    Quote Quote  
  5. Member
    Search Comp PM
    I've found the problem. It was - "video -> color depth -> 24bit" instead of 32bit.
    Quote Quote  
  6. Did you change the decompression format or the output format? In any case, that shouldn't have caused the problem you were seeing. I've been using VirtualDub for many years and never saw it do that. Are you testing with the exact same source, codec, and filters otherwise? What version are you using?
    Last edited by jagabo; 18th Aug 2010 at 15:32.
    Quote Quote  
  7. Mod Neophyte Super Moderator redwudz's Avatar
    Search Comp PM
    asassa, you can post pictures directly to our site. (Your download site is really slow.)

And welcome to our forums.

Click image for larger version

Name:	6c8b54a34141ac09.jpg
Views:	346
Size:	33.6 KB
ID:	3150
    Quote Quote