VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Hello one and all.

I shrunk a Blu-ray to fit on a standard DVD. Used VSO Blu-ray Converter Ultimate. This worked fine. Very easy!

Then, I ripped a (no audio & black and white) 30 second video off the DVD. Cool - no problem!

But, the video has the some credits from the movie on it. (white letters) How do I remove these?

Thanks for reading this.

andy
    Quote Quote  
    Search PM
    Originally Posted by andy jackson View Post
    But, the video has the some credits from the movie on it. (white letters) How do I remove these?
    You don't....they are encoded into the video.
    Quote Quote  
  3. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Thank you, for your quick answer.

If I cannot remove the letters......then, can I change their color? ..........or, can I submerge the letters into the video until they disappear?

andy
    Quote Quote  
  4. If the letters are a solid color that does not match anything else in the frame you can key it out in any decent NLE.

The real question is, what are you going to replace it with? A letter-shaped hole is still a hole.

Also, as someone who's name occasionally appears in credits, I can assure you folks work very hard to get their names there and don't appreciate having them removed.
    Quote Quote  
    Search PM
    Ditto! It's part of the movie.

[rant]
    Don't you just hate it when people get up and leave the theatre while the credits are rolling! That's like walking out as theatre actors are taking their bows.
    [/rant]

Scott
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    In a recent screening of 2 of my productions, the teenager running the show cut off both production's credits. Guess he was in a hurry to get to the arcade.
    Quote Quote  
  7. Member
    Search Comp PM
    oooooops. Sorry .

I guess I will keep my big mouth shut.

You guys are right.
    andy
    Quote Quote  
  8. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by andy jackson View Post
    ... can I submerge the letters into the video until they disappear? ...
    Someone asked me a similar question about a jpg file the other day. Same answer. The letters aren't a separate layer. There's nothing underneath them. It may seem that way because they're put in there as a separate layer, but once they're encoded into the file they replace the underlying part of the image.
    Quote Quote