VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. hi,my work is a time critical job and I am doing video encoding most of the time.
    my current computer is Intel i7 2600k 3.4, 16 gb ram ddr3, nvidia geforce gtx 550 ti, ssd 180 gb intel, motherboard gigabyte z68a-d3-b3-f11.
    please advise for which components i should buy in order to build a computer that has a better speed in video encoding.
    right now i am using vidcoder in video encoding.
    my point is to reduce current elapsed consumed time in video encoding.
    thanks.
    m!
    Quote Quote  
  2. Member
    Search Comp PM
    This website is often recommended by members here http://www.videoguys.com/system-recommendations
    Quote Quote  
  3. If it's time critical work and speed is a more important consideration than compression and quality to you, consider using "GPU" based encoding like Intel quicksync if you buy haswell or newer (I'd wait untill skylake if you can wait until august), or NVENC with a good Nvidia card . I'd wait until skylake because the new generation Iris pro will be much faster and is supposed to support HEVC decoding and encoding, so some "future proofing" there
    Quote Quote  
  4. Vidcoder uses Handbrake. Handbrake supports Intel Quick Sync for h.264 encoding. Your 2600K has QS. Hopefully there's some way to use it in Vidcoder Or you could just use Handbrake directly. Starting with the Haswell generation QS quality is almost good enough to use.
    Quote Quote  
  5. Vidcoder uses Handbrake. Handbrake supports Intel Quick Sync for h.264 encoding. Your 2600K has QS. Hopefully there's some way to use it in Vidcoder Or you could just use Handbrake directly. Starting with the Haswell generation QS quality is almost good enough to use.
    1st time to know that my 2600k support QS.
    Actually I tried to use Handbrake 1st but the ability to do crop and resize frame using Vidcoder is much more easier and accurate compared to Handbrake and I tried both a lot till I figure out that Vidcoder is far better for my purposes instead of Handbrake while Vidcoder is based on Handbrake.
    If it's time critical work and speed is a more important consideration than compression and quality to you, consider using "GPU" based encoding like Intel quicksync if you buy haswell or newer (I'd wait untill skylake if you can wait until august), or NVENC with a good Nvidia card . I'd wait until skylake because the new generation Iris pro will be much faster and is supposed to support HEVC decoding and encoding, so some "future proofing" there
    I can wait till next January 2016 as a maximum.
    Right now I am encoding an hour of .MPEG/.TS into .MP4 H264 consume about 2 minutes and a half and I would like to minimize it to one minute and a half or less.
    This website is often recommended by members here http://www.videoguys.com/system-recommendations
    Thanks a lot for the link, I will check it in details.
    Quote Quote  
  6. it must be poor deinterlacing that u do then
    *** DIGITIZING VHS / ANALOG VIDEOS SINCE 2001**** GEAR: JVC HR-S7700MS, TOSHIBA V733EF AND MORE
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    What is your current bottleneck? I have a 3ghz quad core, and using VidCoder will max all 4 cores. So the only way to process any faster (in my case) would be to get a faster cpu. The same likely applies to you. But you aren't going to get much faster than 3.4ghz desktop cpu, at least not quicker enough to justify the upgrade cost.
    Google is your Friend
    Quote Quote