VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. I am compiling a DVD with multiple subtitle tracks and am having a problem with mapping. Here's the issue:

One subtitle stream is just for titles that appear when Japanese text comes on the screen, this is for use with the English audio track. The second subtitle stream is for the Japanese audio and includes everything. When I put them on the video in DVD Lab Pro, I check the option that says something like "These will be viewed on both a widescreen TV and a 4:3 TV so make a second stream for 4:3 and use mapping". I do this for both, ending with 4 streams altogether. The first two sub-slots consist of the titles and are mapped to the first sub stream. The 3rd and 4th consist of the dialog and are mapped to the 3rd sub stream (according to DVD Lab Pro). So I set the first stream to play automatically because the English is the default audio track. Then I have a button to turn on the dialog stream. Problem is, I can NEVER seem to get the button to properly turn on the dialog subtitle stream. I've tried many different slot combinations and nothing seems to work (1 auto : 3 manual, 1 auto : 4 manual, 1 auto : 2 manual). Did I do something wrong when "mapping" these things? The subs are there and they appear when manually selected with the remote/mouse but the button never seems to work for turning them on. Any help would be appreciated thanks, hopefully I worded it so someone can understand me.
    Quote Quote  
  2. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Did you try to make all subs manualy select. What I think is happening, that since first track is automatic (forced subtites) other track cannot show up because first one is newer off. Two subs cannot be on at the same time.
    Quote Quote