VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search Comp PM
    I am in desperate need of an updated driver for my Panasonic DVD-RAM camcorder.

Just added a new Windows 7 PC to my home network and whenever I connect the camera with the USB cable, windows is unable to install driver software for it. The software that came with the camera is now outdated and won't even run in Win7.

I can get the data off by connecting to an existing older PC running Win XP and then either save it over the network onto the new PC or just go direct to XP and then copy it over later. Either way it is a bit long winded. Would rather connect directly to the new PC

I have searched but can't seem to locate anything.

If the disc is removed from it's holder and placed directly in the DVD recorder of the new PC it will also be read, but again not the best best solution and more likely to damage the discs as the drive is mounted vertically.

The camera is quite an old model and now discontinued. It is a Panasonc VDR-M70
    Last edited by Mount1003; 31st Jul 2012 at 02:27.
    Quote Quote  
  2. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Hello Mount .... Blank 8cm DVDs are so cheap that your best policy is probably to remove the discs and then copy the data into the computer for processing and of course save the disc itself somewhere safe. I've just checked and found UK internet prices still range between 32p. and 72p. each bought in 10's plus postage (write once and re-write) ..
    These small discs are also very convenient for sending photos or short home movies through the post.
    My camcorder uses SD cards . I have never downloaded from camera to computer : always taken the SD card out and used a card reader with the computer. This is standard procedure with still cameras and movie cameras in our family .The original data is preserved by copying to full sized DVDs so the memory card can be used again ..... yours mike
    Quote Quote  
  3. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Agreed, 8cms are cheap enough to archive them, unfortunately mine are of the caddy type and are harder to source and more expensive.

As I said it is quite old, so now a discontinued model.

May just invest in a new camera. Even some of the lower priced ones are of greater spec than what I currently have.
    Quote Quote