VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Hi homies,
    Recently I've grabbed a music video from vimeo.com, which is a telecined footage. The result turns out to be really good, except quite a few frames that suffer from some sorts of 'chroma shift'. Here are some screens illustrating the problemclick on the thumbnails to view full-sized images)

I really want to know if the problem could be fixed properly. Thanks and looking forward to your feedback.
    Quote Quote  
  2. Interlaced YV12 video was compressed as if was progressive. The chroma channels are messed up. It won't be easy to fix. Don't waste your time. Get the original interlaced source.
    Last edited by jagabo; 23rd Apr 2012 at 09:19.
    Quote Quote  
  3. It's a low quality video, but you'll get slightly better results from the field matching with chroma=true

AssumeTFF()
    TFM(chroma=true)
    TDecimate()

Vinverse() may help with the combing
    Quote Quote  
  4. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Thanks for the replies. Honestly I already had an interlaced source but its chroma is destroyed by crappy rainbows. I was planning to fix the chroma of the former, then merge it with the latter's, but it seems impossible now.
    Quote Quote  
  5. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Just want to let you know that I've finally made it Use mergechroma before calling tfm and then everything turns out pretty perfect. Thank you very much @jagabo and poisondeathray
    Quote Quote