VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. hi, I need a freeware , easy to learn to do this stuff

take a youtube video in english
    1delete the narator's voice and replace it with my voice in french.(i have a mic)
    2 keep the video back ground sounds or music in the video or the children playing in the back ground in the video

3cut scenes and or add new scennes
    4add some basic text over the video

5 optionnal will accept mp3 and will give opportunity to save in different formats compatible to post videos on youtube

thanks a lot , i have a pc win 7 64 with 12g memory

Quote Quote  
  2. Banned
    Search Comp PM
    1 and 2 can't be done. People ask about variations on this all the time here, usually to remove Russian voice overs on Russian releases of US movies.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    1 can be done, but you will loose 2. The rest can also be done. You'll just have to come up with new background audio...........

Any NLE can do it. Look in the "Software" section. Lot's of free tools can do this, some easier than others.
    Got my retirement plans all set. Looks like I only have to work another 5 years after I die........
    Quote Quote  
    Search PM
    It's much more workable when the source audio is surround. If only stereo or mono, you are fighting an UPHILL battle.

Oh, and NONE of this is "easy to learn", "easy to do". Period.

Scott
    Quote Quote  
  5. what does nle mean

how do people who translate video from one language to another do to include the background noise then?
    Quote Quote  
  6. how can i know if the sound from a youtube vid is stereo mono or surround?
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    NLE means "Non Linear Editor" (video editor). Like Scott said, most movies are recorded in 5.1 with the dialog on it's own track. So you can replace just that track and keep the other tracks (back ground audio) intact. More than likely that is not the case in your situation, so you will loose the background audio and you'll have to replace that.
    Got my retirement plans all set. Looks like I only have to work another 5 years after I die........
    Quote Quote  
  8. Banned
    Search Comp PM
    Since he is dealing with freakin' YOU TUBE videos, that means it has 2 channel sound. So no, hell no, he is most assuredly NOT going to be able to do #1 and #2 racer-x unless the narrator's voice is by itself in one channel and you are doing him a big disservice by suggesting otherwise when you know better.

videohelplover - if you had access to the original audio AND the sounds you want to replace or keep were in channels by themselves it is actually possible but complicated to do this, but beyond your abilities if you are asking how. Since YouTube uses 2 channel audio AND it's been probably re-encoded to boot, no, it's NOT going to happen. racer-x is getting your hopes up for nothing.
    Quote Quote  
  9. The way 1 and 2 are done with stereo tracks is as follows (this is often called a karaoke filter):

1) Split the stereo track into two mono tracks.
    2) Invert one of the tracks.
    3) Mix the two tracks into one mono track.

Since the narrator's voice is in the middle it will be removed. So will all other sounds in the middle. If your source is mono (the same sound on both the left and right tracks) you will be left with no sound at all. You can add back in some of the bass notes (bass is usually in the middle) in the music by mixing in a low pass filtered version of the original. The better the quality of the source the better this works. The more stereo separate of the other sounds the more of them you will retain. There are usually some echo/reverb effects on the narrator's voice that will still be slightly audible.

You might as well try this and see what you get. Audacity with the ffmpeg plugin can import audio directly from most A/V files. It has all the tools, include a "vocal remover" filter, to do this.

Original and voice removed samples attached.
    Image Attached Files
    Last edited by jagabo; 26th Jul 2014 at 18:51.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    That was both impressive and interesting jagabo. I had no idea how they did that, now I do.....
    Quote Quote  
  11. Another freebie with a vocal remover is Wavosaur (Process->Vocal Remover). It can work quite well on some MP3 music tracks (not all). I have never used it for narration removal. Might be worth a shot.
    Quote Quote  
  12. hi
    jagabo if i read you well i can try a function of audacity software or find a stereo track. I it is a mono track you are saying it will not work wright?

could you link a good tutorial on how to find verify if a youtube video is in stereo.
    and how to somehow split a stereo track in 2 tracks?

thx
    also how do I start with the video download and translate it in audio file?
    Quote Quote  
  13. Originally Posted by videohelplover View Post
    could you link a good tutorial on how to find verify if a youtube video is in stereo.
    and how to somehow split a stereo track in 2 tracks?
    Just listen to it with stereo speakers or headphones. If all the sound is in the middle it's mono. Listen to the "orignal.mp3" track I uploaded earlier. You can hear one guitar on the left, another on the right, voice in the middle, snare drum in the middle, etc.

To get the sound track from a video get Audacity. Add the ffmpeg source filter. Then you can drag/drop a video file onto it to get the audio track.

http://manual.audacityteam.org/o/man/faq_installation_and_plug_ins.html#ffdown

The alternate ZIP download might be a little easier on Windows.
    Quote Quote  
  14. Originally Posted by videohelplover View Post
    how do people who translate video from one language to another do to include the background noise then?
    They have access to the original clean music and effects tracks. Almost nothing you hear in a typical Hollywood movie is "live" sound, up to and often including the dialogue.
    Quote Quote  
  15. very interesting my friends ill spend some times trying

see you later
    and thx
    Quote Quote  
Visit our sponsor! Try DVDFab and backup Blu-rays!