VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Hi all,

So this is my first attempt at trying to use some screen capture software. I'm trying Movavi video suite 12 but the video I'm capturing doesn't look as good as I'd hoped. I was hoping the resolution would match what I'm seeing on the screen but it isn't quite that good. It's also quite a bit brighter and some of the details are blown out of the slides I've made. I see that I can decrease brightness when I edit the video, but I can't find a way to change this during capture so I don't lose detail. Can anyone help a newbie out? Should I have gone with a different piece of software, or maybe just a different codec? I like the ability to specify the area I'm capturing, because I don't always plan on capturing the entire screen.

Thanks for any help!

Here's a link to a short clip (8mb) on Dropbox to give you an example.
    Quote Quote  
  2. I'm a MEGA Super Moderator Baldrick's Avatar
    Search Comp PM
    I would try more screen capture tools. Maybe Mirils Action or Replay Video Capture.
    Quote Quote  
  3. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by Baldrick View Post
    I would try more screen capture tools. Maybe Mirils Action or Replay Video Capture.
    Thanks for the reply. Ready for a good laugh? After screwing with all sorts of settings, I do a cap and send it to my wife to watch on her Mac and before she even watches it she looks over at my monitor and spots the problem - apparently the viewing angle on my monitor isn't all that great... sitting just a bit too low and it was looking really dark, but when I sat at good eye level... my screen was a lot brighter. User error!
    Quote Quote  
  4. I'm a MEGA Super Moderator Baldrick's Avatar
    Search Comp PM
    Quote Quote  
  5. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Not adjust quality H.264-GPU for direct recording (Demand for weak systems)
    Quote Quote  
Visit our sponsor! Try DVDFab and backup Blu-rays!