VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Hello,

I have in my Hard Drive some Movies with the usual Audio_TS and Video_TS folders.

How can I create ISO files from the movies?
    I would prefer to have one file per movie instead of so many files ... and since VLC reads them I think it would be better.

Thanks,
    Miguel
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    ImgBurn can create them.
    -The Mang
    Quote Quote  
  3. Pull! Bang! Darn!
    Quote Quote  
  4. Mod Neophyte Super Moderator redwudz's Avatar
    Search Comp PM
    With converting them to ISO files, true, they will be in one container, but they may also end up slightly bigger. So just a minor advantage. A named folder with the VIDEO_TS folder in it would do about the same, but no increase in size. The AUDIO_TS is almost always empty, so you don't really need that. ImgBurn can recreate it if you wanted to burn the file to disc anyway.

But, if you must, ImgBurn does VIDEO_TS>ISO conversions fairly easily.
    Quote Quote  
  5. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Hi,

I tried ImgBurn to create the ISO files and ended up with 3 files ... any idea why?

I deleted but I think one had 0 in the extension, the other 1 and the last something as mds ...

How can I make it create only one file?

Thanks,
    Miguel
    Quote Quote  
  6. What's your file system? If it's FAT32 you are limited to 4GB file size - if your ISO was over 4GB it would be split into two files. You use the mds file to mount or burn the split ISO image.

If you use NTFS then you should get only the ISO file and the mds file.

-drjtech
    They that give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty or safety.
    --Benjamin Franklin
    Quote Quote