VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Been seeing this brand of discs offered for sale on line and even at Walmart. Does anyone her have any experience using these discs? Who makes them? Are they any good?
    Quote Quote  
  2. Member
    Search PM
    First, I am an employee of Aleratec.

We create "Prosumers' Choice" professional-grade duplicators for hard disk drives, USB flash drives, flash memory and optical discs (BD/DVD/CD), as well as optical disc publishers, blank media, disc shredders, disc repair and related accessories, at consumer-friendly prices. Our commitment to quality and its customers has produced product lines which regularly win industry accolades for their innovation, reliability and ease-of-use. We have served as a leading provider of disc duplicating and publishing solutions for specialized markets including government agencies, educational facilities, houses of worship and audio recording professionals for over a decade.

Our media is Duplicator Grade which provides the highest level contrast on the label side of the disc as well as being optimized to provide high reliability of the data burned which is required in demanding professional duplication applications.

I hope this helps you. If you should still have any questions please feel free to e-mail sales@aleratec.com.

Mike Forman
    Aleratec
    Quote Quote  
  3. Member
    Search Comp PM
    well, mforman:

as much as I like the information about your company. I would much rather hear from some like Lord Smurf tell me if these discs are worth buying.
    Quote Quote  
  4. Banned
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by Regor21 View Post
    well, mforman:

as much as I like the information about your company. I would much rather hear from some like Lord Smurf tell me if these discs are worth buying.
    Either you care enough to pay what it takes to get media that you know is good or you do not. It's just that simple. I don't think it's very likely that Lord Smurf is going to tell you "Aleratec is actually made by Taiyo Yuden in a secret deal in their factory in Japan. The discs are made to the exacting specification of TY's normal media."
    Quote Quote  
  5. Mod Neophyte Super Moderator redwudz's Avatar
    Search Comp PM
    If you can get the manufacturers media code, you should be able to look up who made the discs in our 'DVD Media' page to the left <<<. There are instructions how to obtain it there. It's rarely the brand name printed on them.
    Quote Quote  
  6. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Well,jman98. I do care enough to pay what it takes to get good media. The question I asked was if anyone on this site had any experience using this media. If this site didn't want to discuss media, it wouldn't have a media forum. All mforman told me about the media is that it was "Duplicator Grade". I would still like to hear from site members who have had personal experience with this media. Not a lot to ask, is it? Oh, and I think that Lord Smurf would tell me the media code of any brand of disc I would ask him about. And politely too.

Oh, and redwudz. I know how to find the media code on discs and how to search for this on the DVD Media page on this site. But, if you don't know the media code and the brand name is not listed on that page, I guess the only thing to do is ask some one.
    Quote Quote  
  7. Mod Neophyte Super Moderator redwudz's Avatar
    Search Comp PM
    Apparently that brand media has not been out long enough for any references to the media code on the net. (I checked.) Maybe one of our members have used it. I didn't see any mention of it on LS's site, but I may have missed it. Good luck.
    Quote Quote  
  8. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Open the disk in Imgburn and it will show you the MID. Probably CMC magnetics, Ritek, etc,etc.
    Quote Quote  
    Search PM
    Thank you Mr. Obvious.
    Quote Quote