VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search PM
    hai.. today i buy movie from Itunes... and how to rip to mkv ,what sofware use?? i already try around 10sofware but all failed.. looks like can't do anything with file... please help me.. urgent..
    Quote Quote  
  2. Member
    Search Comp PM
    What software did you try? How did they fail? It sounds like it may be a drm issue to me.
    Quote Quote  
  3. Member
    Search PM
    Ripbot,Handbrake,Xilsoft converter.. and another... how to fix DRM issue??
    Quote Quote  
  4. Banned
    Search Comp PM
    The only thing that I know that works for sure is that you have to play the file in iTunes and use some kind of streaming media recorder to record it in real time and then convert that to your desired format. There are commercial programs that claim that they can remove DRM from iTunes video but they are not cheap and I have no idea if they really work or not. I don't know of any way to do what you, not even doing the streaming media recording, with any free software.
    Quote Quote  
  5. Member
    Search PM
    hmmmm... looks so hard to convert to mkv..
    Quote Quote  
  6. I'm a MEGA Super Moderator Baldrick's Avatar
    Search Comp PM
    Buy your movie on dvd or blu-ray instead. Much easier to backup.
    Quote Quote  
  7. Member
    Search PM
    ya.. bt Itunes out first before DVD or Bluray. want to upload become WEB-DL 720p... hmmmmmm...
    Quote Quote  
    Search PM
    Originally Posted by damia View Post
    ya.. bt Itunes out first before DVD or Bluray. want to upload become WEB-DL 720p... hmmmmmm...
    What part of "copy protected - DRM" don't you understand?
    Quote Quote  
  9. Member
    Search PM
    Originally Posted by hech54 View Post
    Originally Posted by damia View Post
    What part of "copy protected - DRM" don't you understand?

all... is this tutorial working?? http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bz6yIRj0iBY
    Quote Quote  
  10. Originally Posted by damia View Post
    hai.. today i buy movie from Itunes... and how to rip to mkv ,what sofware use?? i already try around 10sofware but all failed.. looks like can't do anything with file... please help me.. urgent..

Save yourself some time here.

iTunes files are DRM protected and there is a way to remove it and convert the files to .mkv.

First off, you need iTunes 10.7. Then you need to download Requiem 4.1. A Google search will find this for you. Make sure you have the latest Java installed on your computer.

Redownload your purchased movies on iTunes 10.7. Exit iTunes. Run Requiem. Now it will create unprotected .m4v files of your purchased movies. It takes awhile so be patient.

Then drag/drop them into something like mkvmergegui. Select the video/subtitle/audio streams you want to put in the .mkv. Begin muxing and let it run.

Then you're done.

BTW it will only work on purchased content, not rentals.

Those stupid converter programs like Wondershare or stuff like that are nothing but waste of money spamware and produce crap quality.
    Quote Quote  
  11. Mr. Computer Geek dannyboy48888's Avatar
    Search Comp PM
    agree with the requiem approach. Only thing you lose is subtitles. Chapters, video, audio all transfer just fine and DONT use itunes 11
    if all else fails read the manual
    Quote Quote  
  12. Hi Guys,

Sorry to dredge up an old post, but I'm having an issue with the suggested Requiem approach.

I have all the correct versions of software etc, but after removing DRM... when I conver the files to MKV with MKVMerge, the resulting video stops playback after a few minutes...

Does this pretty regularly.

I'm using the latest MKVMerge.

Should I be using a different version?

Thanks!
    Quote Quote  
  13. today i buy movie from Itunes... and how to rip to mkv ,what sofware use??
    All problem starts when you buy and downloads movie with DRM or other copy protection scheme.
    So, Why do we buy?

Just for info DVD & BD business is going to Dollar Stores Chain now...Many titles are available just for a $1, $2 and $3 you can also select DVD or BD from Original Manufacturer and Brand New. Yesterday, I purchased about 10 titles.

If you do not like above option look for 3Lion, one I captured in my avatar, two are still missing some where, and I am still searching.
    Quote Quote  
  14. Originally Posted by newoski View Post
    Hi Guys,

Sorry to dredge up an old post, but I'm having an issue with the suggested Requiem approach.

I have all the correct versions of software etc, but after removing DRM... when I conver the files to MKV with MKVMerge, the resulting video stops playback after a few minutes...

Does this pretty regularly.

I'm using the latest MKVMerge.

Should I be using a different version?

Thanks!
    After your put the file into .mkv container with MKVMergeGUI, run that .mkv file through MakeMKV and see if the issue is still there.
    Quote Quote  
  15. Unfortunately, MakeMKV failed:

MakeMKV v1.8.9 win(x64-release) started
    Operation successfully completed
    Saving 1 titles into directory U:/Video/MakeMKV/UNNAMED_DISC
    Failed to save title 0 to file U:/Video/MakeMKV/UNNAMED_DISC/title00.mkv
    0 titles saved, 1 failed
    Quote Quote  
  16. Have you tried Faasoft's great "Video Converter"?

Actually, i prefer to choose some free player to play MKV files rather than convert them.
    Quote Quote  
  17. Banned
    Search Comp PM
    Requiem hasn't been updated in about a year and half. It's possible that whatever you bought on iTunes is using some new type of DRM that Requiem simply can't handle, even if you use the recommended software versions. Again, the only thing I know of that works is to use a streaming media recorder and record the video in real time. Replay Video Catcher should work, but you may wish to try before you buy.
    Quote Quote