VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. I'm trying to find *FREE* sites which have high-quality DVD covers and labels.

I sometimes use http://www.cdcovers.cc/ , Nice big selection, but the quality of the covers are horrible.

http://covers.box.sk/index.php has a nice selection of high quality and custom covers, but their server is sometimes slow and their search engine seems to mess up all of the time.

I don't agree with paying a server to download the covers.

Any free sites, which offer high-quality DVD covers besides the ones I mentioned?
    Quote Quote  
  2. Member
    Search Comp PM
    When people post links to cover sites on here, they usually get shut down so it's not a good idea to post cover sites here.
    Quote Quote  
  3. Member
    Search Comp PM
    I can think of lots of places to get DVD covers.

Wal-Mart, Best Buy, Circuit City, Fry's, Amazon.com...just to name a few.

Oh and they'll each come with a legit DVD copy of the movie too! BONUS!!!

Quote Quote  
  4. Member
    Search Comp PM
    You can back up your DVDs, CDs, albums and tape collection but you can't back up the artwork?

Websites sell movie and music downloads but they don't give you the disc, the case or the coverart.

Companies make billions of dollars selling discs, burners, cases, paper, ink and printers and then tell you that you can't use them.

Hogwash.
    Quote Quote  
  5. Member
    Search Comp PM
    If you live in the USA, no, you can't backup DVDs...not legally. But people will justify it all day long.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    covers.cc does have some covers that are useful when modified with a good photo program.

I've also found a scanner at 200 dpi or greater works well when used properly.

Much of this depends on the printer used, and the disc being printed on.
    ;/ l ,[____], Its a Jeep thing,
    l---L---o||||||o- you wouldn't understand.
    (.)_) (.)_)-----)_) "Only In A Jeep"
    Quote Quote  
  7. Member
    Search Comp PM
    I keep recording things that look interesting, but never seem to have the time to watch them. Consequently, I have a ton of movies that I have recorded off Satellite TV, that I keep offloading to DVD when the harddrive on my PVR gets full. This is all perfectly legal (in this country at least), so hopefully this message does not run foul of "warez rules" for the forum. Personally, I prefer to store them in spindles for space (lack of shelf space) reasons - but should I want to store them in covers, a site like this would be fairly useful if it gave some nice artwork and a blurb etc.

On a related matter, does anyone know of a site where there are reasonably short blurbs of movies (rating, synopsis, who is in it). I have a long-term project to build a database of what I have (and eventually MP4 the lot onto some sort of harddrive media system with a front end connected to my TV) - and it has got to the point where I need to start on a database system to track stuff. Artwork and related stuff that could be tied into this would be kinda neat as well.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by Chopmeister
    On a related matter, does anyone know of a site where there are reasonably short blurbs of movies.
    IMDB.com
    Their code numbers are widely used on other sites too.
    RottenTomatoes.com covers most recent movies, with links to lots of reviews.

For artwork, a screen capture generally does the job.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    http://www.freecovers.net/

Excellent selection, high quality, costs a small $ amount for a years 'premium' subscription, which allows you to download the higher resolution covers/DVD labels. I haven't seen a better selection, even for more obscure titles.
    Quote Quote  
  10. Member
    Search Comp PM
    One site I really like is freecovers.net. You can click on the box beside each title on the right side and see all the choices they have for a particular movie. Then you double click and get the image and then zoom and it is a great image for Nero covers or whatever the programme you use is.
    Hope that helps a bit
    Quote Quote  
  11. Originally Posted by Remax View Post
    Hope that helps a bit
    I don't think it will. SilverBlade hasn't been here since Nov 21st 2008

So you dug up a 3 year old thread for your first post to help someone who hasn't been here in a LONG time was a test post?

welcome to the forums
    tgpo famous MAC commercial, You be the judge?
    Originally Posted by jagabo
    I use the FixEverythingThat'sWrongWithThisVideo() filter. Works perfectly every time.
    Quote Quote  
  12. Member
    Search Comp PM
    MAN ! ALL THIS CONFUSING SITES ? What the hack man !!!! All i want is were i cn find a site to download DVD label or covers thats all
    Quote Quote  
  13. dose anyone know where i can get dvd covers from that are cd size for the front and back of the films that i can read about the film when i print it out aswell plz thanks in advance for all your help
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Wow, this is a really old thread being given the kiss of life again. cdcovers.cc is/was the best known of the sites for covers of all sorts, however, even though it seems to be running as a site, there is something not right about it lately. There have been no new uploads for recent films for ages and ages, months. Like its dying a slow death, with no explanation. If its something old you're looking for you may find it, but nothing new. Its like the owner died and just left the lights on.
    Quote Quote