VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. I'm am using Handbrake 0.9.5 and it worked great for about 3 small conversions. Now it seems to hang while scanning/loading the initial source file.

After some searching around I realized I may have a problem with my Net Framework. I downloaded Net Framework 4 and ran the installer to be sure. From what I read there may be a chance I can only use Net Framework 3.5, but maybe someone here can help with that advice.

I'm running Windows 7 64 with Net Framework 4. I've uninstalled Handbrake (including all the files to manually delete their website advises) and reinstalled twice. The source files are uncompressed avi files created from Sony Vegas Pro 10. The avi files play fine and I didn't consciously change anything before Handbrake stopped working. The program also hangs when loading the very same mp4 files it produced earlier. In fact I've tried a variety of files and they all hang. I've tried running as administrator and compatibility mode for Windows XP to no avail.

I'll include the initial part of the log. It continues down forever reporting the "libdvdread: Can't seek to block" messages.

# Windows GUI 0.9.5 2011010300
    # Running: Microsoft Windows NT 6.1.7600.0
    # CPU: Intel(R) Core(TM) i7 CPU Q 840 @ 1.87GHz
    # Ram: 8124 MB
    # Screen: 1920x1080
    # Temp Dir: C:\Users\John Doh\AppData\Local\Temp\
    # Install Dir: C:\Program Files (x86)\Handbrake
    # Data Dir: C:\Users\John Doh\AppData\Roaming\HandBrake\HandBrake\0.9.5.3728

-------------------------------------------

Query: -i "C:\Test Video.avi" -t0 -v
    [21:43:07] hb_init: checking cpu count
    [21:43:07] hb_init: starting libhb thread
    HandBrake 0.9.5 (2011010300) - MinGW i386 - http://handbrake.fr
    8 CPUs detected
    Opening C:\Test Video.avi...
    [21:43:07] hb_scan: path=C:\Test Video.avi, title_index=0
    libbluray/bdnav/index_parse.c:157: indx_parse(): error opening C:\Test
    Video.avi/BDMV/index.bdmv
    libbluray/bluray.c:960: nav_get_title_list(C:\Test Video.avi) failed (0x1ad9cd0)
    [21:43:07] bd: not a bd - trying as a stream/file instead
    libdvdnav: Using dvdnav version 4.1.3
    libdvdread: Encrypted DVD support unavailable.
    libdvdread: Can't seek to block 4278190082
    libdvdread: Can't seek to block 4278190083
    libdvdread: Can't seek to block 4278190084
    libdvdread: Can't seek to block 4278190085

After several minutes of CPU intensive scanning, the program produces an error box:

An Error has occured.
    An error has occured during the scan process.
    Error Details:

System.OutOfMemoryException: Exception of type 'System.OutOfMemoryException' was thrown.
    at System.String.GetStingForStringBuilder(String value, Int32 start Index, Int32 length, Int32 capacity)
    at System.Text.StringBuilder.GetNewString(String currentString, Int32 requiredLength)
    at System.Text.StringBuilder.Append(Sting value)
    at HandBrake.ApplicationServices.Parsing.Parser.ReadL ine()
    at HandBrake.ApplicationServices.Parsing.DVD.Parse(St reamReader output)
    at HandBrake.ApplicationServices.Services.ScanService .ScanSource(Object sourcePath, Int32 title)

I click OK, and I get three more error boxes. Two look similar to the above, one says this:

Error
    frmMain.cs - updateUIafterScan System.NullReferenceException: Object
    reference not set to an instance of an object.
    at Handbrake.frmMain.UpdateGuiAfterScan()

After clicking OK to all messages, HandBrake is still open and appears to be fine, until I try to load another file and the process begins again.

I really like HandBrake and would like to get it working. Thanks for any help you can provide.
    Quote Quote  
  2. I'm a MEGA Super Moderator Baldrick's Avatar
    Search Comp PM
    Quote Quote