VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Alright so I have a .mkv, I'm using AviSynth to load it into tmpgenc as a directshowsource, then loading the audio seperately, anyways when I play the video the subs are there ( default option to display subs is on ), when I encode it, the subs are gone, how would I get it in the encoded file, perhaps during the encode or even afterwards adding it on to the mpg seperately ?
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Do you want the subs permenantly burned into the finished movie, or as selectable subs ?

Personally, I would put the subs in when authoring
    Read my blog here.
    Quote Quote  
  3. Doesn't matter permenant would be fine, I'm using TDA, don't want to get into other complicated authoring progs.
    Quote Quote  
  4. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Extract the sub from the MKV container, then add it as a separate stream using VirtualDub, THEN serve it to TMPGENC
    Quote Quote  
  5. ummm.... the .mkv had subs which I used nandub to extract, I can't feed it into vdub since it doesn't handle .mkv, when I loaded the file in nandub, there was already the sub stream plus the other 2 audio so why would I want to do it again even if I could load it in vdub which I can't ?
    Quote Quote  
  6. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Use MKVToolnix to separate the MKV files into the separate components.

https://www.videohelp.com/tools?tool=609

Then you can put the separate pieces into VDub
    Quote Quote