VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search PM
    Hi there.

I just recently registered at Videohelp and found many answers to a newbie like me regarding video editing, but I still have a doubt.
    How can I insert an oracle into the video without a lot of fuss?
    Here's an example of what I mean. Check the blue stripes with name and job.
    http://vimeo.com/64238665

I know how to do this with Aegisub, but I would like to know if there's another software to do this in an easier way.

Regards.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    [Deleted]
    Last edited by budwzr; 23rd Oct 2014 at 15:42.
    Quote Quote  
    Search PM
    And by "oracle", I assume you mean titles/subtitles (in this case, "lower 3rds" type).

Any and EVERY decent NLE/Compositor that I know of can do this - easily.

Are you wanting it to be optional/selectable (as in "soft subs" in separate streams/files) or hard-coded (aka "hard subs" aka "burned-in") incorporated integrally with the video (as just a change in the pixels)? - NLE/Compositors do the latter, subs tools like aegisub do the former.

Scott
    Quote Quote  
  4. Member
    Search PM
    Hi, Cornucopia.

Yes, I want to make those titles hard-coded into the video.
    I know how to do it with Aegisub and then hard-code them with Handbrake, for example, but it takes a while to build that kind of *.ass file.
    I've looked around for some examples of NLE/Compositors, but as I never done nothing more than cut/split/join/rip/convert tasks I really don't know where to start.
    I'll have to try some of the options out there, but some suggestions would be much appreciated. I have a "hot potato" in hands and the time for steep learning curves is not abundant.

Thanks!

Originally Posted by Cornucopia View Post
    And by "oracle", I assume you mean titles/subtitles (in this case, "lower 3rds" type).

Any and EVERY decent NLE/Compositor that I know of can do this - easily.

Are you wanting it to be optional/selectable (as in "soft subs" in separate streams/files) or hard-coded (aka "hard subs" aka "burned-in") incorporated integrally with the video (as just a change in the pixels)? - NLE/Compositors do the latter, subs tools like aegisub do the former.

Scott
    Quote Quote  
  5. Is 'oracle' Portuguese for 'title'?
    Extraordinary claims require extraordinary evidence -Carl Sagan
    Quote Quote  
  6. Originally Posted by Fragha View Post
    ...but it takes a while to build that kind of *.ass file.
    It won't be any faster using an NLE. Slower, even.
    Quote Quote  
    Search PM
    Slower, probably, but more user-friendly? And maybe that's more important here.

The OP said nothing about why the Aegisub route was "not easy", so it's all guesswork.

Scott
    Quote Quote  
  8. Member
    Search PM
    Well, with Aegisub it gets easier when the templates/styles are done. After you learn how to do it and how to use the correct tags it's not that hard.
    I just thought a good video editor could do it faster and easier, but maybe I'm wrong.
    Quote Quote  
Visit our sponsor! Try DVDFab and backup Blu-rays!