VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. So i have a recording of a football game. I trimmed out the commercials and hit "produce" [the recording was an MPEG-2 (.ts) file and I produced an MPEG-2 (.m2ts) file] but after production the audio was out of sync with the video. Only in a few areas though, not all throughout the video.

What could be the cause of this?

More importantly, what is the fix?
    Quote Quote  
  2. Member
    Search Comp PM
    You could try different editing software. Some video editors do not work well with the TS files produced by Hauppauge's HD capture devices, but many find TS Doctor or VideoReDo TV Suite H.264 work well for editing them. Both have free trials if you want to see if they work better.
    Quote Quote  
  3. Thanks.

Would converting the ts files to wmv or mp4 before editing them in PD10 make a difference?
    Quote Quote  
  4. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by TB2XSBW View Post
    Thanks.

Would converting the ts files to wmv or mp4 before editing them in PD10 make a difference?
    If you want WMV or MP4, and don't mind loosing a little quality you might as well try that to see if it works better. Be aware that MP4 files produced by the HD-PVR 2 itself are reputedly harder to edit than the TS files it creates.
    Quote Quote  
  5. So I burned the edited video on a blu ray disc in h.264 format and the audio was completely in sync. Not sure why that is but I'm glad that is the case.
    Quote Quote  
Visit our sponsor! Try DVDFab and backup Blu-rays!