VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 27
FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 12 ... LastLast
Thread
  1. Originally Posted by PhotoCat View Post
    Got it! Tks Maverick once again!
    Another question: I have just installed your colorlevels plugin and it is showing up.
    However, I can't see anything changing when I adjusted the sliders. I have tried to read up but found no answer. (added new profile for the segment too)
    Also preview is not working for other filter plugins like color correction or adv. color correction too. (nothing changing when I adjusted the sliders)
    Clipping and resize preview worked though.

WMM 6.0 is not in the same league!
    Remember to tick the little checkbox on the top-right corner of the setting panel.
    Stopping development until someone save me from poverty or get me out of Hong Kong...
    Twitter @MaverickTse
    Quote Quote  
  2. Yes, blender is in a class of it's own with a huge following, many developers. But the GUI is still terrible learning curve is steep

But for NLE's/editors - the other free editors aren't even close, except maybe lightworks, which has very limited format support in the free version

While we are at it MMD (Miku Miku Dance) , Daz3d , are some nice free 3D programs that are more simple than blender.
    Quote Quote  
  3. Originally Posted by PhotoCat View Post

PS: the more I watch the tutorial on aviutl, the more I realize how powerful this is and the more I appreciate your hardwork! Thanks so much!
    Do not compare WMM with AviUtl, that is not a proper comparison.
    You should compare WMM with VirtualDub or AviDemux; (All single-time-line editor)
    While for AviUtl, compare it with Premier/AE, PowerDirector, Vegas, iMovie (all NLE)

Well, instead of a million "Thanks", it is better to "buy me a coffee" instead.
    Stopping development until someone save me from poverty or get me out of Hong Kong...
    Twitter @MaverickTse
    Quote Quote  
  4. Originally Posted by poisondeathray View Post
    Yes, blender is in a class of it's own with a huge following, many developers. But the GUI is still terrible learning curve is steep

But for NLE's/editors - the other free editors aren't even close, except maybe lightworks, which has very limited format support in the free version

While we are at it MMD (Miku Miku Dance) , Daz3d , are some nice free 3D programs that are more simple than blender.
    Thanks the Libav, FFmpeg and L-Smash (Works) Developers!
    Twitter @MaverickTse
    Quote Quote  
  5. Originally Posted by racer-x View Post
    Fall is almost here, so I did a tutorial on falling leaves animation. I used the "Snow Animation Effect" and replaced the snow with leaves. I don't like the leaf object that comes with Aviutl, so I used my own leaf. You can put any PNG file into the "figure" folder within Aviutl to use in your projects.

Below is the tutorial along with full sized 1080p example:
    More hint on particle generator:

1> The vanilla particle generator in AviUtl is created like:
    - Add an image/shape/text/video
    - Use the "recycle button"(top right) to switch it to "Particle output"
    (at this point, the effect will be "jet-like", emitting from a single point)
    - Animate the coordinate of this object over a distance
    -enable "Random output from movement range"
    (Now that the emission origin will span across a line)

2> Try animating the parameters with "Random movement" mode
    Twitter @MaverickTse
    Quote Quote  
  6. Member
    Search PM
    Originally Posted by MaverickTse View Post
    Originally Posted by PhotoCat View Post
    Another question: I have just installed your colorlevels plugin and it is showing up.
    However, I can't see anything changing when I adjusted the sliders. I have tried to read up but found no answer. (added new profile for the segment too)
    Also preview is not working for other filter plugins like color correction or adv. color correction too. (nothing changing when I adjusted the sliders)

Remember to tick the little checkbox on the top-right corner of the setting panel.
    I did. Nothing happened.
    Quote Quote  
  7. Member
    Search PM

Well, instead of a million "Thanks", it is better to "buy me a coffee" instead.
    That's no problem at all Next time u r in Toronto, just message me and I will take u to Starbucks
    Quote Quote  
  8. Originally Posted by PhotoCat View Post

I did. Nothing happened.

Usually it is the filter order... if you intent to apply those global filter on images created from the timeline...
    In that case, move Advanced Editing to the TOP of the list.

Please take a screenshot of the following if that doesn't solve your problem:
    1) Video Filter order(Filter+ > Filter Order> Video)
    2) Main screen, Timeline, Histogram, plugin setting dialog

BTW, I just released ExtraPack v1.8 yesterday.
    Twitter @MaverickTse
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by racer-x View Post
    Fall is almost here, so I did a tutorial on falling leaves animation. I used the "Snow Animation Effect" and replaced the snow with leaves. I don't like the leaf object that comes with Aviutl, so I used my own leaf. You can put any PNG file into the "figure" folder within Aviutl to use in your projects.

Below is the tutorial along with full sized 1080p example:
    More hint on particle generator:

1> The vanilla particle generator in AviUtl is created like:
    - Add an image/shape/text/video
    - Use the "recycle button"(top right) to switch it to "Particle output"
    (at this point, the effect will be "jet-like", emitting from a single point)
    - Animate the coordinate of this object over a distance
    -enable "Random output from movement range"
    (Now that the emission origin will span across a line)

2> Try animating the parameters with "Random movement" mode
    That works well also and I can animate multiple leaves with full texture and colors.
    Image Attached Files
    Got my retirement plans all set. Looks like I only have to work another 5 years after I die........
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Using the MK-I filter, I motion tracked text on some shaky hand held footage. That would be a nightmare to do manually. I overlayed the text onto a rock to make it look like it was painted on. It's an interesting effect. Maybe I'll post a tutorial..........
    Here is the Tutorial..........
    Image Attached Files
    Got my retirement plans all set. Looks like I only have to work another 5 years after I die........
    Quote Quote  
  11. Member
    Search Comp PM
    That works well also and I can animate multiple leaves with full texture and colors.
    That is much more realistic look

Please give a second type of leaf
    Quote Quote  
  12. Member
    Search PM

I did. Nothing happened.
    Usually it is the filter order... if you intent to apply those global filter on images created from the timeline...

Tks Maverick! Moving the Adv. Editing filter order to the top worked in 1.7.
    Also downloaded 1.8 & it worked out of the box

The auto level in Colorlevels worked great! It would be nice to be able to copy the auto level values
    into the sliders with the check of a box. That would give a good starting point for further adjustment.

How do u undo a filter adjustment?

Why does one has to create a new profile to make the filter work? Why can't the default profile work? What does the profile do?

Sorry for too many questions as I am just a video newbie trying to make some family video
    Last edited by PhotoCat; 14th Sep 2014 at 14:26.
    Quote Quote  
  13. Member
    Search PM
    I used my own leaf
    This is amazing racer-x! Vy nice job! I was looking for a quick & easy alternative for WMM 6.0 but this Aviutl is way
    over the top!! Don't know what I am getting into
    Quote Quote  
  14. Originally Posted by PhotoCat View Post

I did. Nothing happened.

Tks Maverick! Moving the Adv. Editing filter order to the top worked in 1.7.
    Also downloaded 1.8 & it worked out of the box

The auto level in Colorlevels worked great! It would be nice to be able to copy the auto level values
    into the sliders with the check of a box. That would give a good starting point for further adjustment.

How do u undo a filter adjustment?

Why do one has to create a new profile to make the filter work? Why can't the default profile work? What does the profile do?

Sorry for too many questions as I am just a video newbie trying to make some family video
    1> Do NOT relies too much on this auto-thing. Think about what can happen during scene transition(e.g. cross-fade) or when a scene was made intentionally bright or dark. The proper usage of this plugin is actually a small-moderate adjustment, constant across whole video.

2> right click on the setting dialog. There should be an option to restore default settings.

3> Profile is used to apply a certain set of filters at a specific set of settings on a SECTION of a video.
    For example, you don't want to apply that auto-level across WHOLE video, but want to skip those cross-fade transition parts. In such case, "profile" helps.
    [Select section > adj Filters > Create new profile > Select new section(transition) > adj other Filters(disable auto-level) >Create another new profile....]
    If you do not use profile, you may need multiple rounds of encode.
    Twitter @MaverickTse
    Quote Quote  
  15. Member
    Search PM
    Tks Maverick! Great tips as usual!
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    I was playing around with AviUtl today on some Waterfalls footage I shot last weekend. I thought it might be cool to add a tittle that looks like it was painted on the rock face behind the waterfall. I basically made a tittle, switched to "Advanced Drawing" for 3-d perspective, then change mode to "Overlay".

I think it looks pretty cool and almost real....
    Image Attached Files
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Yeah, looks good. You're into the magical realm now. Few make the leap.
    Quote Quote  
  18. I just have signed a contract with local publisher to publish a book on video editing written in Chinese, covering mostly AviUtl, with a bit MMD and FFmpeg.
    Scheduled to be released at the end of this year or no later than Feb next year.
    Twitter @MaverickTse
    Quote Quote  
  19. Member
    Search PM
    Short cut to apply the same transition to multiple clips?

Hello all,

Is there any short cut to apply the same transition to multiple clips?
    I could select multiple clips by using ctrl-click but when I tried to add an attribute,
    all but one clip will be de-selected. Trying to add fade in/out to all clips for 3 secs each.

Thanks!

Maverick Congratulations on your new book BTW!
    Last edited by PhotoCat; 27th Oct 2014 at 14:37.
    Quote Quote  
  20. Member
    Search PM
    How to increase memory allocation to Aviutl?

Hello all,

I keep getting insufficient memory error in aviutl since I import more than 4 video clips. Looking at the memory meter in windows7 x64,
    however, there are still at least 5GB unused. So is there a way for me to increase memory allocation to aviutl?

I know 4 video clips of a total frame count of less than 2000 don't sound like a lot.
    However, these are .avs files with deshaker plugins which will take resource.

e.g. A sample .avs file I have is as follows:

LoadVirtualDubPlugin ("C:\Virtualdub32\plugins32\Deshaker.vdf", "deshaker", preroll=0)
    LoadPlugin("C:\Virtualdub32\FFMS2\ffms2.dll")
    FFmpegSource2("MVI_7757.mov", threads=1, atrack=-1)
    ConvertToRGB32(matrix="PC.601" )
    deshaker("19|2|30|8|1|0|1|0|640|480|2|2|-1|-1|-1|0|2|1|6|2|0.1|15|300|4|W:\\Canon5D2_2014\\201407 th\\Video\\7757\\MVI_7757_deshake01.log|0|0|1100|0 |450|200|0|350|850|100|0|0|0|1|30|30|15|1|0|0|30|3 0|0|0|1|0|1|0|0|10|500|1|70|1|1|20|100000|100|20|0 |0|ff00ff")

turnright
    Trim(271, 499)
    levels(8, 1, 320, 0, 310)

Any pointer will be vy much appreciated! Tks!
    Quote Quote  
  21. Originally Posted by PhotoCat View Post
    Short cut to apply the same transition to multiple clips?

Hello all,

Is there any short cut to apply the same transition to multiple clips?
    I could select multiple clips by using ctrl-click but when I tried to add an attribute,
    all but one clip will be de-selected. Trying to add fade in/out to all clips for 3 secs each.

Thanks!

Maverick Congratulations on your new book BTW!
    Keep holding Ctrl all the way till finish
    Twitter @MaverickTse
    Quote Quote  
  22. Originally Posted by PhotoCat View Post
    How to increase memory allocation to Aviutl?

Hello all,

I keep getting insufficient memory error in aviutl since I import more than 4 video clips. Looking at the memory meter in windows7 x64,
    however, there are still at least 5GB unused. So is there a way for me to increase memory allocation to aviutl?

I know 4 video clips of a total frame count of less than 2000 don't sound like a lot.
    However, these are .avs files with deshaker plugins which will take resource.

e.g. A sample .avs file I have is as follows:

LoadVirtualDubPlugin ("C:\Virtualdub32\plugins32\Deshaker.vdf", "deshaker", preroll=0)
    LoadPlugin("C:\Virtualdub32\FFMS2\ffms2.dll")
    FFmpegSource2("MVI_7757.mov", threads=1, atrack=-1)
    ConvertToRGB32(matrix="PC.601" )
    deshaker("19|2|30|8|1|0|1|0|640|480|2|2|-1|-1|-1|0|2|1|6|2|0.1|15|300|4|W:\\Canon5D2_2014\\201407 th\\Video\\7757\\MVI_7757_deshake01.log|0|0|1100|0 |450|200|0|350|850|100|0|0|0|1|30|30|15|1|0|0|30|3 0|0|0|1|0|1|0|0|10|500|1|70|1|1|20|100000|100|20|0 |0|ff00ff")

turnright
    Trim(271, 499)
    levels(8, 1, 320, 0, 310)

Any pointer will be vy much appreciated! Tks!
    AviUtl itself can only use around 1.6GB memory since it is a 32bit application.
    If you want to stabilize your video, I would suggest using FFmpeg's VidStab module to get a new video first.
    If you must use Avisynth, do not load the script into the NLE. Load it to the AviUtl Base program or encode the stabilized video beforehand.
    Twitter @MaverickTse
    Quote Quote  
  23. Member
    Search PM
    Yay, holding CTRL key works! OMG, that's the problem with 32bit applications!
    U r the best Maverick! Thanks a million!
    Quote Quote  
  24. Originally Posted by PhotoCat View Post
    Yay, holding CTRL key works! OMG, that's the problem with 32bit applications!
    U r the best Maverick! Thanks a million!
    I guess it is more of a problem of the deshaker plugin.

the FFMpegSource2 and Avisynth internal functions should not be a problem
    Twitter @MaverickTse
    Quote Quote  
  25. Member
    Search PM
    I have found a way to overcome the aviutl's 1.6GB limit and it seems quite
    stable now with 6 clips and 3 pics in the aviutl project.
    Just audio playback is a touch jerky but way better than
    VirtualDub. Output audio has no problem.

I just used avsf (Pismo File Mount) to mount the .avs file as a folder and I did it
    for all 6 .avs files. Then I pulled all the .avi files inside the virtual folder into aviutl. Seems to work fine and stable and I
    still have about 4GB memory to spare

Doing it the avsf way seems much more stable as I
    don't see the "deshaking..." pop-up windows anymore.

This is how I used VirtualDub64 with avisynth anyway.
    Quote Quote  
  26. Originally Posted by PhotoCat View Post
    I have found a way to overcome the aviutl's 1.6GB limit and it seems quite
    stable now with 6 clips and 3 pics in the aviutl project.
    Just audio playback is a touch jerky but way better than
    VirtualDub. Output audio has no problem.

I just used avsf (Pismo File Mount) to mount the .avs file as a folder and I did it
    for all 6 .avs files. Then I pulled all the .avi files inside the virtual folder into aviutl. Seems to work fine and stable and I
    still have about 4GB memory to spare

Doing it the avsf way seems much more stable as I
    don't see the "deshaking..." pop-up windows anymore.

This is how I used VirtualDub64 with avisynth anyway.
    Nice tip!

Perhaps the avs file-system cached the output video.

Though it may work, I'd still recommend to encode the avisynth script beforehand or better use FFmpeg("VidStab", not the "deshake" option).
    Details: https://www.ffmpeg.org/ffmpeg-filters.html#vidstabdetect-1
    Note that it is a 2-pass process.

"Deshaking" is a super-heavy process under the hood(since optical flow and inpainting are utilized, both are heavy algorithms) and therefore not suitable for applying this effect while editing.
    (Hence I don't bother to make a "deshaking plugin" for AviUtl, the one that comes with FFmpeg is robust and fast enough for most usage)
    Twitter @MaverickTse
    Quote Quote  
  27. Member
    Search PM
    will definitely try Vidstab... but deshaker 3.1 is amazing to say the least

One problem with Aviutl:

When I placed an image object, and trying to make it move across the frame and zooming,
    Somehow there is a square box clipping part of the image. This square box is smaller than the
    video size and I don't know how to get rid of it. Any clue?

Tks!
    Quote Quote  
  28. Originally Posted by PhotoCat View Post
    will definitely try Vidstab... but deshaker 3.1 is amazing to say the least

One problem with Aviutl:

When I placed an image object, and trying to make it move across the frame and zooming,
    Somehow there is a square box clipping part of the image. This square box is smaller than the
    video size and I don't know how to get rid of it. Any clue?

Tks!
    Replace your image with a dummy one, and post the project file together with the image file as a single zip archive.
    Twitter @MaverickTse
    Quote Quote  
  29. Member
    Search PM
    Here is the zipfile.
    I have also noticed that:

1) A static image gets clipped too
    2) jpg directly out of camera doesn't work vy well as aviutl doesn't rotate it 90 degrees automatically.

Thanks!
    Image Attached Files
    Quote Quote  
  30. Member
    Search PM
    Somehow drag and drop to import images or video doesn't work any more. I have to manually add a media item & click on reference file.
    How can I fix it? tks!
    Quote Quote  
Visit our sponsor! Try DVDFab and backup Blu-rays!