VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Hello all!

Just wondering if anybody knows a quick fix to the problem I'm having;

I synced up two cameras with Pluraleyes, imported it to Premiere and made a "new sequence from clip" in order to do the multicam. Now the problem is the main camera (and audio for that matter), is a Canon DSLR that stops recording after about 13mins each time for a couple of seconds due to the 4GB limit on FAT32, all well and good but now on these certain parts when the camera is switched to the 2nd camera since the DSLR provides nothing, there is no audio from the second camera. Is there anyway to tell Premiere to just use the original audio from the 2nd camera for those couple of seconds? The problem of course being that I already made the multicam, deleted parts from 4hrs of video and making it into a 45min long video, going audio scouting by hand just makes my brain explode so trying to find another way of doing this.

Any input is appreciated.
    Quote Quote  
    Search PM
    If you already deleted the original files, and Pluraleyes doesn't provide for "handles" (aka clip pre-begin and post-end segments), your may be SOL.

Back to the drawing board...

Scott
    Quote Quote  
  3. By deleted I meant cut out, the files are still on my PC, poor choice of words on my part but was frustrated with myself while typing this .
    Quote Quote  
    Search PM
    You mean you removed them from your Premiere Bin list, ok.

Well, then re-import them, then go "audio scouting by hand". You may be able to use the Timestamp of the original file to get you in the ballpark. I'd do:
    1. check the timestamp
    2. select the clip & "cut" (aka Ctl+X)
    3. GOTO the time of the timestamp
    4. do a "paste" (aka Ctl+V)
    5. repeat for next clip

Then, match by visual frames and then match by audio waveforms (goes to increasingly more precise timebases).

You may need to only do this for clips on the boundary of those sequence holes.

Once matched, do a trimmed insert, an inline replace, or just use the audio of the newly matched full clip.

Yes, it's a lot of hard slogging work. The sooner you start, the sooner you'll be finished. I've had to do a project 4 1/2 times that size so I know what a bitch it can be.

Scott
    Quote Quote  
  5. huf was afraid of that. Well better get to it. Tnx for the info
    Quote Quote  
  6. Member
    Search Comp PM
    May I ask how you exported from Pluraleyes and imported into Premiere? What Scott says is the best way to handle your situation, but I am curious about your workflow.

Brainiac
    Quote Quote  
  7. Pluraleyes exports to an xml file, just imported the xml file in premiere, and everything is in sync, but I guess I should have been more careful in noticing which audio was set as primary before I started the multicam edit.
    Quote Quote  
  8. Member
    Search Comp PM
    When I use Pluraleyes, I have to remember to enable all audio tracks before exporting and to save the project in Pluraleyes. Then when I import the xml file, I just use Premiere's audio mixer during editing. If something is amiss once I get to Premiere, I can reload the Pluraleyes project and make corrections, then export xml file and reimport into Premiere.

Brainiac
    Quote Quote  
  9. Also FYI, PluralEyes is no longer necessary with the latest version of Premiere. It can group to audio internally. (Works well, much faster.)
    Quote Quote  
  10. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Forgot about that smrpix; thanks for the reminder. I recently resubscribed to Adobe CC after having cancelled after a year when they hiked the cost to $50/month. Only costs $30/month since I am a CS6 Suite owner.

Brainiac
    Quote Quote  
  11. smrpix, I have to disagree on that part . I do loads of Press stuff and the audio is sometimes horrid if we're doing an interview in a crowded place, mostly CC, does not find the sync point when pluraleyes does, so they do need a bit of work in the department, but I give them hats of for implementing it in CC, it was about time . I'm still a sucker for CS6, since the internal encoder in after effects with no MP4 output pis**** me off, so sticking with CS6 for now, but thank you for your input.

BTW guys I did the beginner level collage try and it worked; just added the full audio track from the second camera (all 4hrs of it), saved the project to XML and went through Pluraleyes again it synced the audio perfectly so all I had to do was trim it a couple of times, and there we go .
    Quote Quote  
  12. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Glad you got it worked out.

Brainiac
    Quote Quote  
  13. Yeah sometimes it pays to try out stuff that "logicically" wouldn't work =)
    Quote Quote  
Visit our sponsor! Try DVDFab and backup Blu-rays!