VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2
FirstFirst 1 2
Thread
  1. If the mathematics behind the effect is understood, then any program with plugin system should be able to replicate the FX.
    The point is... deriving that math model is no easy task...
    Form what info I can gather, it looks like TrapCode effects actually utilize Physics Engine that's tailored towards Fluid dynamics.
    That's why typical 2D/2.5D/3D soft cannot really fully replicate the effect (tends to looks too stiff or regular)

More samples on the Trapcode particular:
    http://www.flashbackj.com/trapcode/particular/
    Stopping development until someone save me from poverty or get me out of Hong Kong...
    Twitter @MaverickTse
    Quote Quote  
  2. The closest that I can do with AviUtl(Extra Pack 1.8) without external artwork

Click image for larger version

Name:	SatsukiParticleFacingDemo.gif
Views:	325
Size:	868.2 KB
ID:	27820

The S and O are two separate objects, The "rods" is obviously another one(actually the letter "I")

Project file: see the attached ZIP file
    Image Attached Files
    Stopping development until someone save me from poverty or get me out of Hong Kong...
    Twitter @MaverickTse
    Quote Quote  
  3. Further improving:
    Click image for larger version

Name:	SatsukiParticleFacingDemo-Complex-o88.gif
Views:	127
Size:	718.2 KB
ID:	27822

regularity and oddity still observable
    Image Attached Files
    Twitter @MaverickTse
    Quote Quote  
  4. Anyone want inspiration?

This one is a few years old but still one of the best. It's on another level for ink/particle effects. Beautiful and polished. Not a 1 trick pony

Awards:
    * Red Dot Awards 2011 - Best of the Best
    * German Design Award 2012 - nominated
    * VDW Award 2010 - Best Animation
    * Spikes Asia 2010 - Gold for Best Use of Computer Graphics / Special Effects
    * Adfest 2010 - Silver for Best Visual Effects
    * New York Festivals - Television & Film Awards - Gold World Medal 2010
    * Chinese Element International Creative Award 2010 - Grand Medal
    * China International Advertising "Great Wall" Festival 2010 - Silver Trophy
    * Longxi Awards 2010 - Bronze for Best Post Production
    * Promax | BDA Asia Award 2009 - Gold for Best Animation
    * Promax | BDA Asia Award 2009 - Gold for Best Out of House Station Image Promo
    * China Advertising Festival - Gold for Best Advertising of 2009
    * China Advertising Festival - Gold for Best Public Advertising of 2009
    * Shooting Award - Gold for Best Advertising of 2009
    * Shooting Award - Silver for Best Sound Design
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Hmmm...kind of depressing overall. And too busy. Yeah, I guess it was a lot of work though. Meh, I give 2 stars.

Chinese art usually has a "sadness" component, like an Erhu in the background, and I think it comes from their deep personal losses during the cultural revolution.

Notice how the artist tries to show the "bright side" of the new era, to show support for the Party, but the backdrop reveals the suffering of the masses.

That's how I interpreted it.
    Last edited by budwzr; 3rd Oct 2014 at 18:27.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Yeah, that one is pretty darn good..............
    Got my retirement plans all set. Looks like I only have to work another 5 years after I die........
    Quote Quote  
  7. Keep in mind that was 4-5 years ago, it was just stellar at the time.

There are a lot of newer plugins (for 3d software) that can do similar particle effects a lot easier now . Even Trapcode Form (Particular's sister plugin) has .obj sequence functionality now, so you can take an obj sequence and use it in Form in After Effects
    Quote Quote  
  8. Will see if anyone of these can be ported to use with AviUtl...
    before this, I need to see a dentist and get some sleep...
    Twitter @MaverickTse
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Toothache is no fun. And they always happen on Sunday when there's no dentist around.
    Quote Quote  
  10. Originally Posted by budwzr View Post
    Toothache is no fun. And they always happen on Sunday when there's no dentist around.
    Made an appointment on Tuesday afternoon... luckily it doesn't really hurt unless solid object gets to specific position...

On the other hand, the political struggle here is getting worse(I guess HK's news should already being reported worldwide by now)... keep monitoring the situation late at night and tweeting the situation to the world.... very sleepy....zzzz

I'm not in shape to do anything serious(programming) now, so keep posting new discovery and I'll try to get back after a week
    Twitter @MaverickTse
    Quote Quote  
Visit our sponsor! Try DVDFab and backup Blu-rays!