VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Hello! you see, i am one a bit driven to despair with this problem that I don't understand.

I am trying to insert several texts in different frames for what they all remain located in the same position, I wish that they are all lined up quickly, the case is that I do not manage to do it.

To begin when I insert the text, the picture of text simply adjusts to the text that puts (Text too long: located more in left, too short: located in right).

Probably it is a bilge, but to have to be placing 70 texts each one in his site is a madness ...

for that I hope that someone of you could help me T-T

pd: I used sony vegas pro 11 version.
    Last edited by OVA GAIDEN; 27th Sep 2014 at 14:51.
    Quote Quote  
  2. Need more info. What software are you using?
    Extraordinary claims require extraordinary evidence -Carl Sagan
    Quote Quote  
  3. Yeah, how are you doing it? If I were you I'd create subtitles first and then either keep them as external subtitles or hardcode (burn) them into the video by reencoding it if that's how they have to be.
    Quote Quote  
  4. XD yeah sorry, I used sony vegas pro 11 version.
    Quote Quote  
  5. Text on one track, picture on another.
    Extraordinary claims require extraordinary evidence -Carl Sagan
    Quote Quote  
  6. yes the text is on one track and the picture is on another

but the problem is that the text don't put in same position never, only when the text is the same text, but when i change the text, the text it moves, so i want to know, how to do it so that it does not move i stay all in one place (on the screen).

images for example:

Text Good ubication:

Text Bad ubication:

While the idea is to place them quickly and not be placing them go one by one with all

pd: the only thing I did with the texts of the images posted up, was copy and paste, even so to simply edit the text was shifted.
    Last edited by OVA GAIDEN; 28th Sep 2014 at 04:38.
    Quote Quote  
  7. DECEASED
    Search Comp PM
    Well, I am surprised to see that you seemingly don't know the vast majority of anime fansubs
    DON'T use commercial software like Sony Vegas. Why? Because that's overkill.

Back on topic: the BEST subtitle format thus far is .SSA (of which .ASS is an improvement).
    Different from .SRT or MicroDVD .SUB, it does allow absolute positioning and styling.

VSFilter has three "interfaces" --- VirtualDub filter, DirectShow filter, and Avisynth plugin.
    If your encoding front-end is decent enough, then it will support Avisynth and/or DirectShow input.
    Quote Quote  
  8. but I do not use subtitles, simply i choose the option of inserting text of sony vegas

Quote Quote  
  9. ↑If you are not promoting Vegas, then there is no need to stick with Vegas.

Even for the particle+karaoke effects you sometimes find for fansubs, they're created using AegisSub FIRST.
    If anyone feel the need to hard-sub it, just re-encode to a new MP4, with the ASS file.

SSA/ASS has global alignment options to make consistent positioning a lot easier than most NLE
    Stopping development until someone save me from poverty or get me out of Hong Kong...
    Twitter @MaverickTse
    Quote Quote  
  10. Originally Posted by OVA GAIDEN View Post
    but I do not use subtitles, simply i choose the option of inserting text of sony vegas
    And how's that working out for you? Oh, right:
    Originally Posted by OVA GAIDEN View Post
    but the problem is that the text don't put in same position never, only when the text is the same text, but when i change the text, the text it moves,
    If you had made subtitles as suggested in the second reply, you'd be done by now. You're trying to force a round peg into a square hole. Why not use a tool designed for the job?
    Quote Quote  
Visit our sponsor! Try DVDFab and backup Blu-rays!