VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search Comp PM
    I have turned to DVD Architect to produce a multi-subtitled DVD.
    However, when I try to apply a Chinese Font style to text, I don't get a drop-down box allowing me to choose "Chinese BIG5" for Traditional Chinese, or "ANSI." The result is Space-junk at the bottom where the subtitles should be.
    Anybody got a clue?
    Steve
    Quote Quote  
  2. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Here's what Sony replied:
    Hello,

Thank you for contacting Sony Creative Software.

At this time, non-western fonts in general are not supported with our software.

Below is some information from our development staff regarding this issue:

Arabic texts and fonts that appear right to left are not fully supported in the software. As a work-around you can create graphic files in an application like Microsoft Paint or Adobe Photoshop and then import the graphic image file into your project to display the text.

If this is a feature that you would like to see added to a future release, please feel free to submit a product suggestion to our development team.

http://www.sonycreativesoftware.com/support/productsuggestion.asp
    Sony Creative Software - Support - Product Suggestion

We apologize for any inconvenience. I hope this information is helpful. If you have follow up questions or need further assistance with this issue, please update this incident. If this resolves your issue then please update this incident, setting it to solved.

Kind regards,
    Sony Creative Software

Customer (Steve ) 12/08/2007 10:58 PM
    I am making a DVD with 8 subtitles.
    2 of these subtitles are Chinese (simplified GB2312 and Traditional BIG5 Character sets).
    I am able to produce a DVD using these Character sets in DVD Lab Pro, but unsatisfied with the results.
    DVD Architect looks better. However, I cannot produce Chinese fonts. I have the fonts installed. I can choose the font in the Subtitle "Choose Font" dialog. I have even enabled the Chinese region from within Windows.
    I have a number of applications using Chinese and Japanese character sets.
    Can DVD Architect select a BIG5 or GB2312 character set?

regards,

Steve
    Quote Quote