VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search PM
    HI can any body tell me how to make A Panasonic DMR-PWT520 Change Code so I can play all Regions
    Quote Quote  
  2. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Take it into a Panasonic dealer.

In NZ they will de-zone them free of charge for you. My understanding is that Australia is the same.

Note: I think they will only de-zone the DVD playback. If you want zone free for blu-ray then you probably need to buy a different player. Soniq B100, Some Veon models, Toshiba (at least the bdx1200ky and bdx3200ky models) should be all have remote codes that can render them made region-selectable for blu-ray.
    Quote Quote  
  3. Banned
    Search Comp PM
    We're getting reports from Aussies and Kiwis that some manufacturers that used to unlock players in the past are now refusing to do so. Legally the manufacturer in Australia is allowed to unlock it but it's optional so they have the right to refuse to do so. Yes, by all means ask Panasonic to do this for you but if Panasonic refuses to help you, now you know why. I see that this is a DVD recorder, so since it's not a BluRay player Panasonic may be more inclined to help you whereas they might refuse outright if it was a BluRay player (BluRay's licensing agreement explicitly forbids unlocking players even if only for DVD playback - that's just awesome, isn't it?).
    Quote Quote  
Visit our sponsor! Try DVDFab and backup Blu-rays!