VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search Comp PM
    First i'm going to clear this out.

I'm from Portugal and until the 2000's we only had 4 channels: RTP1, RTP2, SIC and TVI.

My uncles recorded so many movies and shows and tapes are at my grandpa's house.
    His VCR is a Panasonic with a yellow display.
    There are some tapes that have recordings from RTP1 and SIC etc... mixed in.
    And when I'm watching a recording from SIC or TVI it shows little weird colors ate the top of the screen.
    I just click a button near the display and it disappears (it's SECAM something I guess).
    Now i'm in my house and I found a not-so-old VCR. It's from LG. It's a french VCR (with no remote ;___.
    Anyways when I watch some recordings from SIC or TVI it looks like this:

========

My VCR:

========

My Grandpa's VCR:
    http://karachi.saintclassified.pk/panasonic-vcr-contact-03333083353-condition-price-is...sale-ad-158152
    (No the image isn't mine.).

=================

I really want help. And for those who are thinking... the tapes are in really really really good state.

Best Regrets,
    Pedro
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    What exactly are you looking for help with? I can see some problems, but what exactly are you trying to do - watch on a TV or capture to a computer, restore a capture, etc? A bit more detail about your intentions, or any other equipment/software you're using would help.

If it's a SECAM signal adjustment that helped with the Panasonic on "weird colors", which can be due to a wrong signal, then there may be one on the LG since it's a French VCR where SECAM is well known that can adjust that color shift in the pic. But if you don't have the remote, you likely will not find it unless you get a replacement or a good universal.
    I hate VHS. I always did.
    Quote Quote  
  3. Member
    Search Comp PM
    @PuzZLeR I think you solved the problem. The problem was the weird colors in the LG VCR. It would show this weird colors on any TV.

Now I need a Universal Remote Control.

Thx
    Quote Quote  
  4. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by PuzZLeR View Post
    What exactly are you looking for help with? I can see some problems, but what exactly are you trying to do - watch on a TV or capture to a computer, restore a capture, etc? A bit more detail about your intentions, or any other equipment/software you're using would help.

If it's a SECAM signal adjustment that helped with the Panasonic on "weird colors", which can be due to a wrong signal, then there may be one on the LG since it's a French VCR where SECAM is well known that can adjust that color shift in the pic. But if you don't have the remote, you likely will not find it unless you get a replacement or a good universal.
    I noticed other problem. This LG C900 (Model) VCR doesnt even exist. o.O
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    I'm sure a good universal controller, even if it's inexpensive, can handle LG VCRs. Do you have one around you can try?

If the LG has an on-screen menu that you can activate, then the setting may be right there (without need for any instruction manual).

Or, if you have another VCR, this could be worth trying too.
    Quote Quote  
    Search PM
    Wasn't France Secam-L at one time?
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by hech54 View Post
    Wasn't France Secam-L at one time?
    Yes, with Luxembourg (I think). Working from memory of hazy details, too lazy to do research now.
    Quote Quote  
Visit our sponsor! Try DVDFab and backup Blu-rays!