VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Kay, so I wouldn't say I'm a newbie at all, but considering I AM new to this forum I'll post here. Basically It could be put in either the Editing or Authoring thread cause its kinda both.

Basically I'm wanting to be able to import a .vob file originally from a dvd, edit the sound from it, and save it back as a .vob file. I know there is no direct way of doing this, but anyone have any other way of doing it?

Adobe Premiere Pro let me import and edit, but I can only extract as .avi, etc.

Thanks!!!!
    Quote Quote  
  2. 1. Demux the VOB. Open the VOB in DGIndex and File->Save Project and Demux Video. That will give you the M2V video and the AC3 audio. At the same time you can decode that AC3 audio to WAV audio, if you wish. The included help file explains how to do that.
    2. Edit the audio. I don't know what you want to do or how you plan on doing it. Many audio editors will want to import WAV audio.
    3. Remux (perhaps after reencoding the audio to AC3). To DVD with Muxman. To MPEG or VOB using Imago MPEG Muxer.
    Last edited by manono; 8th Mar 2010 at 11:44.
    Quote Quote  
  3. Awesome. I read something else about that, but it confused the heck out of me so I didn't know.

Great job explaining
    So I'll try that! Thanks!
    Quote Quote