VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Hi
    When a drop-out or loss of signal occurs, my TBC adds a color-bar in its place. This has to be cut out of the video. Is it possible to search out these color-bar frames on the Vegas timeline without having to manualy search.

Thanks in advance

Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    I don't know of a simple way to do it in Vegas, and certainly not with a version as old as yours. If the source was mpeg you might be able to use Comskip to find the breaks, but otherwise it is a manual process.
    Read my blog here.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    I'd expand the timeline until all frames are visible, then step through.
    Those color bars should jump out. They will also be highly visible when you preview.
    Recommends: Kiva.org - Loans that change lives.
    http://www.kiva.org/about
    Quote Quote  
  4. Darn...I was hoping there was a magic script out there......oh well thanks anyway!

I don't know of a simple way to do it in Vegas, and certainly not with a version as old as yours

I have tried the newest versions of Vegas. Is it just me, or is ver 4c faster and more stable than the newer ones? Scrubbing sure seems faster....
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by schematic2

I have tried the newest versions of Vegas. Is it just me, or is ver 4c faster and more stable than the newer ones? Scrubbing sure seems faster....
    You.

Scrubbing requires real time decode.
    Recommends: Kiva.org - Loans that change lives.
    http://www.kiva.org/about
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    You can teach comskip to find the color bar frames (cutscenes) and output a file listing the from-to frame numbers where they are present.
    Quote Quote