VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search Comp PM
    i have encoded a 25fps pal .avi to 29.97 fps ntsc mpg and now the video is shorter than the audio..
    and their out of sync really bad
    how do i encode my encode pal .avi to ntsc .mpg without shortening the time and making so that it matches the audio?

by the way i am using PROCODER 3 and this program is really good!

i have heard about doing a pulldown but not sure how to do it?

can i encode the PAL .AVI to PAL .MPG and then do a pulldown with DGPULLDOWN so its 29.97?? im so confused
    Quote Quote  
  2. how do i encode my encode pal .avi to ntsc .mpg without shortening the time and making so that it matches the audio?
    Encode it as 25fps and then apply DGPulldown set for 25->29.97. The video stays the same length. I don't use Procoder, but you'll have to turn off any DVD templates which will most likely mess you up.
    Quote Quote  
  3. Member
    Search Comp PM
    [/quote]Encode it as 25fps and then apply DGPulldown set for 25->29.97. The video stays the same length. I don't use Procoder, but you'll have to turn off any DVD templates which will most likely mess you up.

thank you so much for the reply. I will go on and try that an come back to say how it goes thanks..

by the way i have used so many encoders but none as good as PROCODER 3 so worth my money..
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    If you are going to use procoder you will have to use your own custom settings. To do what you want you will have to resize your PAL footage to NTSC resolution (720 x 480), then encode at PAL framerates (25 fps), then use DGPulldown to apply the 25 -> 29.970 pulldown at the end. As this is all non-standard, you can't use any of their encoding templates.
    Read my blog here.
    Quote Quote