VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. I'm a Super Moderator johns0's Avatar
    Search Comp PM
    I'm going to restore a customers apple computer back to snow leopard and just need to know if there's any activation issues as the system was preloaded with snow leopard,going to wipe the hdd and install fresh.
    I think,therefore i am a hamster.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Macs usually have an OS requirement of at least the version that it shipped with. I.e. don't try to load anything before Mac OS X 10.6.7 on an early 2011 MacBook Pro. And do get the updates to the latest SL version (10.6.8); the built-in Software Update can take care of that.
    Quote Quote  
  3. I'm a Super Moderator johns0's Avatar
    Search Comp PM
    The customer found her original snow leopard install disc so i was able to restore it.
    Quote Quote  
  4. Banned
    Search Comp PM
    People usually do this because some program doesn't work under the new OS. Usually there are ways to deal with that (ie. upgrade the program, find a replacement, etc.). I suppose you should warn her that Snow Leopard no longer gets security updates. Apple drops security fixes on OS X versions once they get 3 releases behind the current one. Snow Leopard was dropped last year. Apple doesn't particularly go out of their way to publicize this dropping of old versions, but they do constantly push customers to update their versions of OS X when new ones come out.
    Quote Quote  
  5. I'm a Super Moderator johns0's Avatar
    Search Comp PM
    I did tell her that 10.6 stopped getting new updates but she was much happier being back with it.
    Quote Quote  
Visit our sponsor! Try DVDFab and backup Blu-rays!