VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search Comp PM
    I'm trying to do some research as to the type of internet connection upload speeds available at the higher end, over 200Mb/s I haven't been able to find what I'm seeking, does anyone have a link to a site that lists the various upload speeds and the names of the connections associated with those speeds?
    Quote Quote  
  2. Member
    Search Comp PM
    something like that, but I'd like to see both upload and download speeds for the various connections, I'm surprised I'm having so much trouble finding this.....
    Quote Quote  
  3. They're symmetric.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Probably because based on your terminology or search terms, you are getting ISP speeds. When you get that fast, you are talking telcom speeds based on line type (as note in the link above). And as noted, up/down are the same.
    Google is your Friend
    Quote Quote  
  5. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Well, for example, what telecom speed classification would an upload bandwidth of 480Mb/s and download of 650Mb/s be?
    Quote Quote  
  6. OC-12. Upload and download are the same, about 622 Mb/s. Asymmetric lines are how the ISPs keep prices high for businesses. So you can't use your 30 Mb/s home connection for business. You really think you can afford an OC-12 connection? It will cost you about $30,000 a month.
    Last edited by jagabo; 13th May 2014 at 23:28.
    Quote Quote  
  7. Member
    Search Comp PM
    No, I'm not looking to obtain such a connection haha, just doing some research really.. Would an OC-12 connection be consistent with what a major private university might have?
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Likely not, but it would vary by university. Most universities wouldn't have a need for that type of bandwidth. In any case, I don't know where you could find that type of information (ie: what circuit sizes various schools use).
    Google is your Friend
    Quote Quote  
Visit our sponsor! Try DVDFab and backup Blu-rays!