VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search PM
    ok I have several Blurays that I want to make an Backup of and try to convert them to mkv.
    when I use software to demux from the Bluray disc. it demux it I get one left.h264 and one right.h264.
    and the audio. the right eye is smaller in size but What I read thats normal because the right eye is that way.
    the proble mis that left eye h264 can be muxed into an mkv to be easier to work with or can be converted direct to any format with any encoder.
    but the right eye file canīīt be muxed with mkvmerge or it canīīt be encoded with ffmpeg or mencoder.
    So why is it that way what can I do to get it to work.
    I have try both BDtoAVCHD ssifsucka and they canīīt convert it. they can just demux the streams.
    Quote Quote  
    Search PM
    A BD3D is encoded, NOT with AVC (h.264), but with MVC. There are 2 stream types within those files, "main view" (compatible with standard AVC) for the left, and "dependent view" (brand new type that is incompatible with anything else) for the right.

You do not want to do just a straight demux, you want to demux the left (main) and then apply the differences from the demuxed dependent file to the main file to arrive at the right view which can then be encoded to avc or something else.

If those apps cannot do that, use different apps (may cost money, though).

Scott
    Quote Quote  
  3. Member
    Search PM
    Originally Posted by Cornucopia View Post
    You do not want to do just a straight demux, you want to demux the left (main) and then apply the differences from the demuxed dependent file to the main file to arrive at the right view which can then be encoded to avc or something else.
    how could I do this or anywhere to read so I can learn something.
    Quote Quote  
  4. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Be unusual ... Software used to rip title not mentioned but at a suggestion it's possible this is NOT a 3D bluray being converted.

In bd3d both streams are same size ... I have yet to see any 3d title where this is not the case
    Quote Quote  
  5. Member
    Search PM
    BDtoAVCHD is used to rip the left and right eye part.
    Quote Quote