VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. I record some gameplay footage through D3Dgear and at one point, my game crashed. Right before the crash, something happen I want to make sure I save. (I blew up in a funny way)

Now when a play the footage through VLC player, it says it goes through 39:09 and Windows says the length is about 11 minutes, however if I play the footage, the footage goes over 39:09 and I can not seek past the point, and the video will keep player past that point for a good 9 or so more minutes. The funny footage I want to include is at that point.

the filesize is 4.47 GB, I tried some programs saying it will fix it, and IF it works, it will just be at 39:09 and 4GB. Tried a few different programs, they ether don't work, crash, or spam errors at me.

I need to somehow make the video file fully seekable so my Sony Vegas can use it correctly.
    Quote Quote  
  2. In what format is your video and what tools did you use to fix it?
    Quote Quote  
  3. DivFix, DivFix++, VirtualDub, even tried VLC to convent the stream on the slim chance that might do something.

Its an AVI file, according to d3dgear it recorded on AVI2 (OpenDML) format using the Windows Media Video 9 Codec.
    Quote Quote  
  4. Just now tried that, footage ends at 39:09, the footage after 39:09 is lost in that video. Any other idea. I still have the original clip and it is still showing content after 39:09.
    Quote Quote  
Visit our sponsor! Try DVDFab and backup Blu-rays!