VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search Comp PM
    OK, I got the new burner (Sony DRU-810A) bundled with Nero Express. I can burn DVD from my files that are in mpg. format but not the ones that are in Avi. I know they have to be converted and I have tried that using Avi2DVD and FreeEnc. Nada. IT still won't work. Is ther just one converter program thats works best with Nero? And is it cheap? FREE???

Thanks 8)
    Quote Quote  
  2. Member
    Search Comp PM
    OH! I have to go mow the yard. I will be back in an hour or so.

If I don't respond to fast its cuz I'm proably borderline senile and am probably driving in circles within circles
    Quote Quote  
  3. Banned
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by mats.hogberg
    Which of the 48 guides on AVI to DVD found under CONVERT left have you read and tried so far?

/Mats
    That's classic. I am going to have to remember that one.
    Quote Quote  
  4. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Who stuttered? Well now, Maybe I did not go down far enough in the tree root there to find the solution. I'll check them ALL out

"I may be Bach" said Arnie.
    Quote Quote  
  5. Banned
    Search Comp PM
    Sounds like they really gave you a stripped down version of Nero. Nero usually can convert AVI to DVD, but the quality's not real good.
    Have you tried dragging and dropping an AVI into Nero and told it to burn as DVD? Maybe you have. I try to avoid Nero Express. You could also see if you can use Nero without using the Express version as that might work.

DVD2SVCD is free and it can convert AVI to DVD format. You might try that, but it's not the easiest program for newbies to use because it has a lot of settings you may not understand.
    Quote Quote  
  6. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Its that easy to tell a nebie huh?

I have been messing with avi2dvd now for 2 hours. It almost works. Then it wants an audio format and there is nothing to choose from in the dropdown.
    Now I've got AVI2DVD, Nero, Infrview, and FreeEnc on the desktop and still can't get the darn thing to convert.

Well, I guess I'll DL the one you mentioned and try that.

I think from now on I will download videos in the right format first so I don't have to contvert them

Now thats a nebie tawk'in
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Best is to get a DVD player that plays DivX/XviD AVI too - they are really cheap these days - you can probably get one for mowing the yard for a few hours At least much less time you're likely to spend trying to convert stuff!

/Mats
    Quote Quote  
    Search PM
    Convertxtodvd (or its free predecessor - divxtodvd) might be worth a try here.
    If in doubt, Google it.
    Quote Quote