VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Hello
    The English subtitle for the movie "Histoire(s) du Cinema" is released incompletely -- it contains 162 lines, while the French version is >500 lines.

In fact, the movie is in French and, beside dialogues, images need to be translated, too.

Fortunately, two distinct subtitles have been released: one for the voice that is being heard, and another one for the labels of the images.

I intend to merge the two and synchronize the new subtitle with the movie

Please download the two subtitle

Thanks
    Image Attached Files
    Welcome to the Hotel California

Quote Quote  
  2. I'm a MEGA Super Moderator Baldrick's Avatar
    Search Comp PM
    Are you looking for a software that does this automatically?

I'm pretty sure you have to resync manually. I would use subtitle edit.
    Quote Quote  
  3. Do you understand my problem?
    Why the two (voice and image) released separately?
    (Is not a problem for the film?)

Yes, I'm looking for a software...
    Thanks

Quote Quote  
  4. Originally Posted by Sheibani View Post
    Do you understand my problem?
    Why the two (voice and image) released separately?
    (Is not a problem for the film?)

Yes, I'm looking for a software...
    Thanks
    Please help me

Quote Quote  
  5. I'm a MEGA Super Moderator Baldrick's Avatar
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by Sheibani View Post
    Do you understand my problem?
    Nope
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Open Subtitle Workshop.
    Tools/Join subtitles.
    Now you see a dialog to choose subs. Choose the 2 files you want to merge.
    Click the "Join" button.
    It will prompt for a new file name.
    The combined file will open.
    Now Edit/Subtitles/Sort and the subs will be sorted into correct order by time.
    Save.

I attach a merged file, but it has overlapping times.
    So, now use "Tools/Information and errors/Information and errors" or ctrl-I
    This will list problems, especially overlapping times. You must resolve them --
    e.g. merge two subs at the same time: Select the two subtitle lines at the same time, Edit/Subtitles/merge" (or ctrl-K) .
    I don't trust the "Fix errors" button, but you can try it and see what happens.
    Image Attached Files
    Last edited by AlanHK; 12th Jan 2013 at 11:30.
    Quote Quote  
  7. Thank you so much

Quote Quote  
  8. Member
    Search Comp PM
    If your player can work with ASS format subtitles, you can get away from the problem of overlapping times by separating the subtitles spatially (on the screen). E.g. dialogue at the bottom and images wherever else you prefer.

E.g. in Aegisub which I find easy for working with styles:
    1. Create styles for each of dialogue and images. The styles can be identical, except that their screen positions must differ.
    2. Open the dialogue subtitle file and apply the dialogue style to all subtitles
    3. Open another instance of Aegisub
    4. In it, open the images subtitle file and apply the images style to all subtitles
    5. Paste all subtitles from one instance of Aegisub to the other
    6. Save as ASS
    Quote Quote  
  9. Hi hi hi . . je cherche pour un sous-titres francais pour cette serie du film: '' Histoire(s) du cinema " par J.L.Godard je cherche tout sur internet mais je ne trouve que rien . . je veux bien le traduire en persan . Mais j'ai seulement un sous-titres anglais qu'il est vraiment pas drole !! vous poorriez m'aider s'il vous plait ? Hi hi hi . . je cherche pour un sous-titres francais pour cette serie du film: '' Histoire(s) du cinema " par J.L.Godard je cherche tout sur internet mais je ne trouve que rien . . je veux bien la traduction en persan . Mais j'ai seulement un sous-titres anglais qu'il est vraiment pas drole !! vous pourriez m'aider s'il vous plait ?
    Quote Quote  
  10. I'm a MEGA Super Moderator Baldrick's Avatar
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by saeiddieas View Post
    Hi hi hi . . je cherche pour un sous-titres francais pour cette serie du film: '' Histoire(s) du cinema " par J.L.Godard je cherche tout sur internet mais je ne trouve que rien . . je veux bien le traduire en persan . Mais j'ai seulement un sous-titres anglais qu'il est vraiment pas drole !! vous poorriez m'aider s'il vous plait ? Hi hi hi . . je cherche pour un sous-titres francais pour cette serie du film: '' Histoire(s) du cinema " par J.L.Godard je cherche tout sur internet mais je ne trouve que rien . . je veux bien la traduction en persan . Mais j'ai seulement un sous-titres anglais qu'il est vraiment pas drole !! vous pourriez m'aider s'il vous plait ?
    Do you want to merge subtitles? If not then make a new thread...if you are searching for subtitles then visit a subtitle site.
    Quote Quote  
  11. Originally Posted by Baldrick View Post
    Originally Posted by saeiddieas View Post
    Hi hi hi . . je cherche pour un sous-titres francais pour cette serie du film: '' Histoire(s) du cinema " par J.L.Godard je cherche tout sur internet mais je ne trouve que rien . . je veux bien le traduire en persan . Mais j'ai seulement un sous-titres anglais qu'il est vraiment pas drole !! vous poorriez m'aider s'il vous plait ? Hi hi hi . . je cherche pour un sous-titres francais pour cette serie du film: '' Histoire(s) du cinema " par J.L.Godard je cherche tout sur internet mais je ne trouve que rien . . je veux bien la traduction en persan . Mais j'ai seulement un sous-titres anglais qu'il est vraiment pas drole !! vous pourriez m'aider s'il vous plait ?
    Do you want to merge subtitles? If not then make a new thread...if you are searching for subtitles then visit a subtitle site.
    can you help me to fine any these sites ?? i'm looking for a good subtitles for this series of film : History of cinema by Godard . Sub in french or english .
    Quote Quote  
  12. Originally Posted by saeiddieas View Post

can you help me to fine any these sites ?? i'm looking for a good subtitles for this series of film : History of cinema by Godard . Sub in french or english .
    Don't know if this what you looking for: http://www.opensubtitles.org/en/search2/sublanguageid-all/moviename-histoire%28s%29+du+cinema
    to download subtitles you need not select Use OpenSubtitles Download Manager
    Quote Quote