VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Is there a way to insert memo markers in video?
    My idea of a memo marker is something like a line marker on the video timeline - click on a specific time in the video timeline and write text that can be viewed later.
    Something similar to what SoundCloud (soundcloud.com) does with audio waveforms.
    I'd prefer a simple way to do this using something like VLC.
    My main purpose for this is to keep tags for various keywords in a video.
    If I need to edit together video footage that deals with say "dogs" I can do a search on the log of tags I created and choose from there.

Thanks for any help.

Edit to say that I'm using a Mac . . .
    Quote Quote  
  2. Thanks for the quick reply Selur.
    I'm researching mpeg-7 now.
    Quote Quote  
  3. Alright, so - after quite a while of searching and researching I have yet to find a stable application that serves mpeg-7 on a Mac. The best find was Frameline 47 but the demo refuses to open and the devopers site has died. Another university project of a program is severly unstable.
    Anyone know of anything here?
    Thanks ....
    Quote Quote  
  4. Another idea:
    - look for a tool that can create chapters for a video and save them in a human readable fashion
    - if you search for content you search through the chapter lists

Cu Selur
    Quote Quote  
    Search PM
    Also:

*The ASF/WMV format in general and WME in particular are supposed to support html links & scripting, along with 'timed text tracks".

*Quicktime has, for AGES, been able to support additional track types, such as MIDI, Chapter markers, timecode, subtitles/captioning, html links, sprites, etc. Right out of the box with QT Pro. Other tools have appeared that specialize in certain ones of these...

*By virtue of it's inheritance from QT, MPEG4 file container format is ALSO able to support a number of these same items.

*AVID, at least internally, and probably through AAF/MXF container, is able to support subtitles, markers, html scripting/links, etc.

*Spruce Maestro used to be able to include html & other links in DVD playback, as long as you used either their Syzygy player (or possibly PC Friendly player). Apple MAY have continued this fuctionality when it bought the Spruce code and ported it to DVDStudio Pro, but I couldn't tell you for sure...

*Scenarist should STILL be able to support a similar functionality in DVDs through the PC Friendly player (though the method behind is nearly opposite the spruce way). I would expect, because of the richer VM incorporated in BDs, that Scenarist can also natively do this for BDMV or BDJ projects, which should be supported by ANY BD player.

*I would also assume that since MKV has support for chapters that it could also support other text or hyperlinks, but I haven't investigated that area...

Scott
    Quote Quote