VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. My daughter has just bought an ipad3. She wants me to try and convert her dvd's and her homemade movies of school function, sports games etc. What is the best conversion software. Some say it will convert to ipad 2 but doesn't say three. From what I read the both could use mp4 or some called H264. I didnt know if one format works better for the ipad3 for quality
    Quote Quote  
    Search PM
    Handbrake and the AppleTV preset get the most votes via a Google search.
    Don't worry about the MP4 - H264 stuff. Whatever HandBrake gives you/defaults to is correct.
    Quote Quote  
  3. Banned
    Search Comp PM
    Use handbrake. It can produce output for the ipad and will not be too difficult for you to use.

MP4 is the container that Apple supports. H.264 is the codec. Handbrake will take care of this for you. ipad2 format is fine for you. The ipad3 just has higher resolution but essentially she won't gain any benefit from that on DVD sources and probably not on homemade movies either. You might do a few yourself, see how easy it is, and then train your daughter to do this rather than spending all your spare time doing this kind of thing for her. But it's your call on that.
    Quote Quote  
  4. That is exactly it, she was googling different softwares and asked my opinion. I will try it and tell her she can go ahead. Thanks again
    Quote Quote  
    Search PM
    Originally Posted by vh51505150 View Post
    That is exactly it, she was googling different softwares and asked my opinion. I will try it and tell her she can go ahead. Thanks again
    She will need to decrypt her store-bought DVDs first....then convert for/to the iPad.
    Quote Quote