VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Hey folks --

I'm thinking of grabbing one of these, as the price is right, and the DVP5990/F7 seems to be unavailable. Well, refurbished models are about, but I'd rather buy new. Anyhoo, I'm wondering if there's specific firmware to this player as there is for the 5990, or will the same firmware work? Can not go back to shortened titles at this point.

I've as well heard of people having prob's with external drives with this model. I've a 2T hooked up to my 5990 and never had a problem.

Other than this, any info anyone might provide would be grand. Cheers.
    Cheers,
    Wanderlustus
    Quote Quote  
  2. Ah, scratch this babble, folks. Think I'll be looking at the BDP3406 instead. Cheers.
    Cheers,
    Wanderlustus
    Quote Quote  
  3. Banned
    Search Comp PM
    I'm posting anyway because your post will live forever on our boards and some person will likely find it while looking for DVP3560 info.

This model can still be made region free by following the directions listed under our DVD Players section for this model. I think that using TVs and DVD/BD players to play external drives is foolish because both have more limitations than a media streamer would, but it's your money. As always, I recommend using disk drive enclosures that come with their own power supplies. Many people have problems trying to play non-self-powered drives as the USB ports on DVD/BD players won't put out enough power to correctly drive larger disk drives like yours. You will have this issue with the BDP3406 also. No TV or DVD/BD is a "plays everything" device to the extent that streaming media players are. The DVP3560 is pretty good with Divx though. The player converts between NTSC and PAL. I truly do not remember in my few Divx tests what kind of naming the display has for Divx files.
    Quote Quote  
  4. Originally Posted by jman98 View Post
    I'm posting anyway because your post will live forever on our boards and some person will likely find it while looking for DVP3560 info.

You will have this issue with the BDP3406 also.
    Well, I've had no issue with my 2T external, so I'm not sure what to make of your also. the drive has worked with my 5990 from day-one, and still does.

Thanks for the reply though.
    Cheers,
    Wanderlustus
    Quote Quote