VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Nero 5.5 does not see my new DVR-108? I now assume (which i do not like to do), it is because the DVR-108 is a Dual Layer, Dual format burner and nero 5.5 is not compatiable with it?? If anyone knows for sure, I would appreciate it. If so what other software options do I have. I rarely used nero for burning DVD video's, usually create an .iso and use decrypter, which sees the burner, however will it support dual layer? Really not in the mood to spend alot of $$ right now, so the least expensive options would be better, however all opinions are welcomed, if I have to wait alittle while for something more expensive, then that is what I would do.
    Thanks
    Quote Quote  
  2. 5.5 is a bit old now. I have Nero 6 which work fine with my 108 and 106 and even supports burning to both at once.

So your best bet would be to upgrade your version of Nero.

I bought mine in the Uk and this is what the site said ..'This drive is very new technology (only being released in August 2004), so you may need to update your DVDR writing software to include compatibility with your new drive'.
    Quote Quote  
  3. Agree. Nero 5 could not see pioneer 106 when i connected it to my pc. I had to install nero 6. However, since you have pioneer 108, do not stay at ver 6.0; get at least ver 6.3.120 which supports dual layer writing.
    Quote Quote