VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. I am experiencing a frustrating problem which I hope someone may be able to help me solve. I purchased a DVD burner some months ago (Pioneer DVR-106D) and happily produced many videos on -R and -RW media. Then the burner seemed to get a intermitant dislike for -RW discs. Thinking it may be a bad batch of discs, I purchased some of the original brand but this had no effect. A short time later the burner began to frequently also dislike -R discs. It would happily burn the Video, either with Nero or Studio 8 but when I tried to replay the drive insisted that there was not a disc in the drive. Often the disc would play in another player but more often than not it would not play at all! My computer has had a new mother board, new RAM and the burner has been changed twice. I now have a brand new LG GSA-4081B and that behaves in exactly the same way. Windows(XP Home) has been re-installed as has other software including Nero and Studio, now upgraded to Studio 9. I have tried the drive as both master and slave. My computer technician insists that it is because of 'new technology' but I am bemused that something that worked quite happily for some time can gradually deteriorate to the point where DVD burning is out of the question. I am able to Burn VCD and SVCD and the drive happily reads normal DVD discs and videos that I burnt before I began having problems. Apologies if this is long winded but I am desperate to solve my problem. Short of purchasing a brand new computer I am at a complete loss. Help!
    Quote Quote  
  2. Have you tried updating your firmware? My DVD writer, when I got it, didn't support burning DVD+R/RW but, now that I updated my firmware it does. Give it a try!
    Quote Quote  
  3. Yes, I have updated the firmware and interestingly the burner(s) will function ok in another computer.
    Quote Quote  
  4. OK, you said you've changed everything, this may sound absurd but, have you changed the cables?
    Quote Quote  
  5. Doesn't sound absurd..because yes, I have tried that
    Quote Quote