VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. I have a couple of assets in vc-1, h.264 and divX 3 (low-motion), can these assets be imported into Encore CS4 or will they have to be converted into another format prior to importing them?
    Quote Quote  
  2. Why don't you try it out? It will take a minute to test.

Even if it imports it , that doesn't mean pass through will occur (i.e. it will re-encode non compliant assets, even h.264 that do not conform)
    Quote Quote  
  3. Originally Posted by poisondeathray
    Why don't you try it out? It will take a minute to test.

Even if it imports it , that doesn't mean pass through will occur (i.e. it will re-encode non compliant assets, even h.264 that do not conform)
    I don't have the software to test and I don't want to have to fill out pages of information to try the demo, that's why I'm asking anyone who has this application already. It wouldn't be smart to buy a $800 application only to not have it do what you want it to do.
    Quote Quote  
  4. Usually assets have to be compliant. So if they don't have proper buffer values, header info, proper dimensions, fps as your target project, it will have to be encoded with proper specs

What I was referring to earlier, is that although some assets maybe imported, even they might have to be re-encoded if they are not compliant (along with qualilty loss). The best workflow is to allow for pass through (no re-encoding), instead of 2 stages of re-encoding. For example DivX won't be complaint for either blu-ray or DVD and would have to be re-encoded at some stage

And your list of h.264, Vc-1, DivX, doesn't give nearly enough information. There are 1000's of different types with settings that may or may not be compatible. You have to test it out.

Cheers
    Quote Quote