VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Hey guys, i need you help with this...

I read somewhere that is possible to change .flv to .mp4 without converting...

I opened the file with MediaInfo and is says that the video stream is AVC (High@L3.0) and Audio Stream is AAC (LC), So this is possible right? Someone told me that than these are codecs compatible with .mp4 container (AVC is part 10 of the MPEG-4 standard and AAC is part of it, too)

My doubt is what software should i use?

People told me to use AVIDEmux and set Video output and Audio Output as "Copy" and Output Format > MP4v2 Muxer

But my question is, Is it the best software to use? (I Haven't tried it yet, i only read about it) and the file-size will remain exactly the same, right? What about the Video Quality? Will it change?
    Quote Quote  
  2. I'm a MEGA Super Moderator Baldrick's Avatar
    Search Comp PM
    The video and audio quality will not change when you use copy mode.

You can also use ffmpeg and mp4box but they are command line software.
    Quote Quote  
  3. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by Baldrick View Post
    The video and audio quality will not change when you use copy mode.

You can also use ffmpeg and mp4box but they are command line software.

Sorry, i'm from Brazil and i don't really understand the term.. What do you mean by "command line software"?
    Quote Quote  
  4. Banned
    Search Comp PM
    command-line means that there is no graphical interface or icons to click on. You have create a file with commands in script form.
    Last edited by sanlyn; 19th Mar 2014 at 04:30.
    Quote Quote  
  5. The easiest way I've found to remux/repack .flv to .mp4 or .mkv without converting (losing quality) is portable FLV Extract (mod by jofori89). It contains mkvmerge.exe and MP4Box.exe inside and straightforward GUI. You can find it @ videohelp, but the newest version is here: http://code.google.com/p/flv-extraxct/ or https://drive.google.com/folderview?id=0B70IHx-o4zREN0Z2TFlFaG4tMWs&usp=sharing .

Sometimes you need to check fps for example with MediaInfo and set it to displayed value instead of Auto, cos otherwise audio and video can be unsynchronised.

Plus with FLV Extract you can create audio only .m4a and .mka when you tick only Audio. The container name will be automatically adjusted.
    Last edited by AllisOne; 27th Feb 2014 at 10:14.
    Quote Quote  
  6. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Copy this text in notepad and save as FLV2MP4.bat in the folder with your flv files. Also place a copy of ffmpeg in the same folder. Doubleclick the .bat file and all the flv files in that folder will be copied to mp4.

Code:
    for %%a in ("*.flv") do ffmpeg -i %%a -vcodec copy -acodec copy  %%~na.mp4
    The files with spaces will be ignored so you'll need to use this .vbs file to replace the spaces with dashes.

Code:
        dim objFileSys, file, folderName, folderObj, fileColl, objRegEx, newFile

set objFileSys = CreateObject("Scripting.FileSystemObject")
        folderName = InputBox("Enter the full path where the files are located.", "Full path is required")

set folderObj = objFileSys.GetFolder(folderName)
        set fileColl = folderObj.Files
        set objRegEx = new RegExp

objRegEx.Pattern = " " ' the pattern is one space
        objRegEx.Global = true

for each objFile in fileColl
        newFile = objRegEx.Replace(objFile.Name, "-") ' each pattern gets replaced with one dash

objFileSys.MoveFile objFile, folderName & "\" & newFile
        next
    Save as .vbs and doubleclick. A box will open up asking you which folder you want remove spaces in.
    Quote Quote  
  7. I'm a MEGA Super Moderator Baldrick's Avatar
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by AllisOne View Post
    The easiest way I've found to remux/repack .flv to .mp4 or .mkv without converting (losing quality) is portable FLV Extract (mod by jofori89). It contains mkvmerge.exe and MP4Box.exe inside and straightforward GUI. You can find it @ videohelp, but the newest version is here: http://code.google.com/p/flv-extraxct/ or https://drive.google.com/folderview?id=0B70IHx-o4zREN0Z2TFlFaG4tMWs&usp=sharing .

Sometimes you need to check fps for example with MediaInfo and set it to displayed value instead of Auto, cos otherwise audio and video can be unsynchronised.
    PLEASE contact me or click on the "Report this tool" if you find a new version of a software.

I have now updated it.
    Last edited by Baldrick; 27th Feb 2014 at 11:04.
    Quote Quote  
  8. Given the audio and video you've described, this may be a case where simply changing the extension from flv to mp4 would work.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    FLV Extract (mod by jofori89). It contains mkvmerge.exe and MP4Box.exe inside...
    Hi
    He's made a good job of the updated FLV Extract program.

(mp4/m4a muxing wouldn't work for me, complained of missing msvcr100.dll.
    This has happened before with MP4Box.exe and Windows, so I used a different version of MP4Box.exe with libgpac.dll.)
    Quote Quote  
  10. I think you can download msvcr100.dll from internet and put in FLV Extract folder or/and in C:\Windows\System 32 and it should work. Or install whole Microsoft Visual C + + 2010 from Microsoft page.

Just out of curiosity - can you give me the link for the different version of MP4Box.exe with libgpac.dll?
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Just out of curiosity - can you give me the link for the different version of MP4Box.exe with libgpac.dll?
    Attached below.
    Probably they were supplied with YAMB program, not sure though.
    Image Attached Files
    Quote Quote  
  12. Thanks. It's pretty old (2009?), but if it works, it works.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    ... download msvcr100.dll from internet and put in ... C:\Windows\System 32...
    That's fixed it.
    msvcr100.dll from http://www.dll-files.com
    Now using the MP4Box version supplied with FLV Extract v2.2

C:\Program Files\FLV_Extract>MP4Box -version
    MP4Box - GPAC version 0.4.6-DEV-rev2735
    Compilation Date: Mar 2 2011 - by Kurtnoise
    GPAC Copyright: (c) Jean Le Feuvre 2000-2005
    (c) ENST 2005-200X
    GPAC Configuration: (static configuration file)
    Features: GPAC_HAS_SPIDERMONKEY GPAC_HAS_JPEG GPAC_HAS_PNG
    Quote Quote