VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. I have never written a "How To" before so be gental... But please comment.

Tools Used:
    Divx Converter
    HDTVtoMPEG2
    VirtualDubMod

This is assuming your source .ts file has 5.1 audio, if not then just do the first part to get a DivxHD file with mp3 stereo.

I have, (what I thought was good but is now not), a slow computer for video convertion. So, when I disovered HDTV .ts files and thier SIZE... I thought there must be a better way.
    Trying to convert to WMV-HD looked good till I saw it would take 20+ hours to convert. I like quality but that ain't worth it.
    This will give you a good start to DivxHD it sure ain't the best but its fast and the sound is all there.

First, Convert your .ts file to .mpg with HDTVtoMPEG2
    Take your *.mpg file and throw it in Divx Converter set to, duh, High Definition. This is the long part. @ 6-10 hours to convert depending on the length of the movie.

the following day...

Now demux the audio of your new .mpg file with Virtualdubmod and it will give you an ac3 file.
    Load the .mpg file into VDM and select Streams-> Streams List and click Demux and save your ac3 file.

and then...

Rename your .divx file created by Divx Converter to .avi and load it in VirtualDubMod.
    Goto Streams-> Streams List and add your demuxed ac3 file. Move it to the top of the list and you can now delete the mp3 made by the converter.
    Make sure video and audio are set to Direct stream processing and save the avi.
    Walla

DivxHD W/ AC3 5.1 and at a file size to fit any DVD5

This does not make the best quality video by no means. If it was a 2 pass encoding it would be much better but, I don't have all day...

Distearth... out...
    Quote Quote  
  2. I updated this post cause I got messed up... Please convert .ts file to .mpg first. Divx converter likes it much better.
    Quote Quote  
  3. Member
    Search Comp PM
    PLEASE include some screenshots. Use Gadwin Screenshot and then add some notes in MS Paint or Paint.net highlight the boxes you said to look. You can just edit the existing message ot add pictures.
    Quote Quote