VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Hi I am new to this forum. My step daughter ahs just bought us a dvd player from Asda and we cannot play USA dvd's on it. Having just returned from 15 months in the states, we have quite a lot...about 300!!! I ahve used unlock codes before but cannot find one for this player. It was bought a week ago from Asda at about 18 quid.
    Any help would be appreciated,
    Thanks Val
    Quote Quote  
  2. Banned
    Search Comp PM
    I would really like to know how from the original post misterbill has deduced that the player in question is a Pacific DVD 1000/980.

Val - If misterbill is right, then hopefully that worked. If not, you should be aware that we are getting a LOT (just about every day now) of posts from people wanting to unlock Asian DVD players. This would seem to indicate that either the DVD manufacturers are trying to find out who knows what and they are making the posts or that it's getting harder and harder to unlock DVD players. In the USA and Canada it is definitely getting harder and harder to unlock players and this may be happening in Asia too. I don't recommend that anyone buy a player outside of their region at this time unless they buy a player that they know at the time of purchase is unlocked.

By the way, if your player is not the Pacific model misterbill's post refers to, then definitely tell us what the make and model is and also do a search on Google for an unlock code. Something like:
    Samsung XDR-350 region free hack
    should do the trick.
    Quote Quote  
  3. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Like jman98 say. It would be a good idea to state a model number of the player.
    You have basically two problems. One is a region code, that could be unlocked on some players. Second is format. US is NTSC, Europe is PAL.
    Most, not all, PAL players can play NTSC format on PAL TV. If your player is capable of that, than making it region free will work.
    There is very few NTCS players which can convert to PAL.
    Quote Quote