VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. deleted. Can a mod please delete this thread?

I want to experiment some more and then make a thread thats explained in detail about the topic.
    Last edited by leo1919; 13th Mar 2014 at 09:38.
    Quote Quote  
  2. post a sample
    Quote Quote  
  3. Originally Posted by flashandpan007 View Post
    post a sample
    deleted.
    Last edited by leo1919; 13th Mar 2014 at 09:27.
    Quote Quote  
    Search PM
    Originally Posted by leo1919 View Post
    Originally Posted by flashandpan007 View Post
    post a sample
    I don't understand. I'm still fairly new to the topic of file conversion and basically just want to make a 29.97 file run smoothly. Though I'd really appreciate if someone could also address all 3 of my questions I posted.
    I understand.
    It's not really public domain then.
    Quote Quote  
  5. A duplicate every 6th frame indicates a PAL source (25 fps) converted to 29.97 fps. You would decimate back to 25 fps to eliminate the duplicate frames. If you're making a DVD and need 59.94 fields per second interlaced video you can apply 3:2:3:2:2 pulldown flags with DgPulldown after encoding as 25 fps progressive with an NTSC frame size, 720x480. I don't know if AviDemux can do all this.

You should upload a short (10 to 30 seconds) sample with moderate motion for more precise analysis.
    Quote Quote  
  6. Thanks for the replies. Can a mod delete this thread?

I want to experiment some more and then make a thread thats explained in detail about the topic.
    Quote Quote  
  7. Set the cycle to 6 instead of 5 in avidemux (you're decimating 1 in 6 to 24.975 (25) , not 1 in 5 to 23.976)
    Quote Quote  
  8. I want to help and then this ..
    Bye
    Quote Quote