VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Hi folks,

My laptop runs on Vista Home Prem., SP2. I have ffdshow 1.3.4530 installed.

I have been using Subtitle Workshop 2.52 (20111219) successfully to correct Subtitles for my MKV files. But today I tried using it ... and it works just fine except when I drag the Cursor bar to certain location and I push start ... the video will NOT playback, then when I start it from beginning it plays again, but I want to be able to go to different timelines and Sync things quickly, rather than sit through 2 hours of a movie just to fix Subtitles.

So, I thought may be updating my ffdshow might do the trick, so I upgraded to ffdshow 1.3.4531 still same problem.

I tried to use the newer Subtitle Workshop 6.0b and the same problem.

Q1: Can anyone tell me what might be the possible fix for my problem?

Thanks,

G!
    Quote Quote  
  2. I'm a Super Moderator johns0's Avatar
    Search Comp PM
    I think,therefore i am a hamster.
    Quote Quote  
  3. DECEASED
    Search Comp PM
    Yes, try a different application, as johns0 suggested.

"Something" has screwed your setup, this is all I can say for the time being.

FWIW, ffdshow is not an MKV splitter --- but LAV Splitter and Haali are.
    Last edited by El Heggunte; 10th Jul 2014 at 14:53. Reason: horrible keyboard : - /
    Quote Quote  
  4. Hi johns0 & El Heggunte,

Thank you both for the tips.

@ johns0, I think long time ago I tried Subtitle Edit and for some reason I did not like it or didn't work for me ... can't remember what it was ... that is why I stuck with Subtitle Workshop ...

@ El Heggunte, I re-installed the latest Haali Matroska Splitter and it seems it fixed my problem ...

When I ran the install I unticked the Option to disable Matroska in MPC and something else that it asked me.

Q1: If I install LAV Splitters also, will it Conflict with Haali or the ffdshow stuff?

Thanks again,

G!
    Quote Quote  
  5. DECEASED
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by gonwk View Post
    @ El Heggunte, I re-installed the latest Haali Matroska Splitter and it seems it fixed my problem ...
    That's good

When I ran the install I unticked the Option to disable Matroska in MPC and something else that it asked me.

Q1: If I install LAV Splitters also, will it Conflict with Haali or the ffdshow stuff?
    It depends If you have LAV Splitter, then there is no point in having Haali (and vice-versa). I prefer LAV Splitter to Haali, because this latter caused a lot of problems to me in a not-so-distant past PERHAPS it has become less problematic during the latest revisions, but... In summary, Haali was/żis? "good-enough" for MKV files, however it did suck at MP4s, AVIs, MPGs and transport streams... LAV Splitter has improved a lot since its birth, and now it probably can do everything that only Haali could do (regarding MKV files especifically) until some years ago.

Also, at least Haali's installer is terribly-outdated --- what's the point of *disabling MPC's Matroska Splitter* nowadays
    The year is 2014, not 2004
    Last edited by El Heggunte; 11th Jul 2014 at 02:00. Reason: clarification
    Quote Quote  
  6. Hi El Heggunte,

Thanks for the explanation on LAV Splitter.

G!
    Quote Quote  
Visit our sponsor! Try DVDFab and backup Blu-rays!