VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. I saw some online vendors selling DVD-Rs which have no brand/manufacturer on the label; but is just advertised as:

Grade A 8X DVD-R 4.7GB White Inkjet Hub Printable

In fact here is one example:
    http://www.checkoutstore.com/ProductDetails.asp?ProductCode=DVDR8WI&CartID=1

Are these discs reliable?
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    No.

It's probably fakes or crap. Not worth the money. The price is not very good anyway.

I can get Verbatim (archival-grade MCC/MKM) media for $25+tax in 100-spindles. Why buy unknown junk?
    Want my help? Ask here! (not via PM!)
    FAQs: Best Blank DiscsBest TBCsBest VCRs for captureRestore VHS
    Quote Quote  
  3. Originally Posted by lordsmurf
    No.

It's probably fakes or crap. Not worth the money. The price is not very good anyway.

I can get Verbatim (archival-grade MCC/MKM) media for $25+tax in 100-spindles. Why buy unknown junk?
    I see, does "Grade A" mean anything?
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    I buy Taiyo Yuden at RIMA.COM

The 100 pack of Taiyo Yuden 8x DVD-R discs = $25.99 + shipping

Not only is this fairly inexpensive but it is simply the BEST blank media money can buy. Period.

- John "FulciLives" Coleman

P.S.
    The Taiyo Yuden 8x DVD-R White Inkjet - Hub Printable = $31.99 + shipping
    "The eyes are the first thing that you have to destroy ... because they have seen too many bad things" - Lucio Fulci
    EXPLORE THE FILMS OF LUCIO FULCI - THE MAESTRO OF GORE
    Quote Quote  
  5. If you want to deal with a rebate, Verbatim rebates are the fastest I've ever done about a month usually, you can get 100 Verbatim DVD-Rs for $19 at Buy.com. They aren't printables.
    Quote Quote  
  6. Banned
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by greglee
    Originally Posted by lordsmurf
    No.

I see, does "Grade A" mean anything?
    Its just marketing bullshit.
    Think of it that way: i.e. "Grade A" made in India by CMC is probably not even "Grade Z" by Taiyo Yuden (if there ever was and they had such grade).

Why save FEW PENNIES per crappy blank disc, when you could be using simply the best ones?
    Its not like you are going to burn 1000 of them, and if you did - that would save you maybe just enough for maybe an extra spindle (at best) of a crappy blanks... which you would probably waste on replacing "bad burn" discs anyways...
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Correct: "It's just marketing bullshit."
    Want my help? Ask here! (not via PM!)
    FAQs: Best Blank DiscsBest TBCsBest VCRs for captureRestore VHS
    Quote Quote