VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Dear Friends,

I have hit across a peculiar problem - Just bought a full pack (50) of dual layer dvd [Verbatim - MKM 001 000 (00h)] in which a range of sectors are corrupt - exactly the same on all the 50 dvds! I can't return it too .................

Found this out using isobuster which has an option "Create a list of known erroneous sector addresses".

Except for this the dvds are working great. And I was wondering if:

"Is there some burning software which has an option where I can specify certain sectors to be skipped while writing??"

My writers are a liteon iHAS124 and an Optriac(Sony OEM) - verified this problem using both drives - so its not a drive issue.

Thank you for reading this. If you could help it would be a BIG help. ................................
    Quote Quote  
  2. Perhaps you could share with us the exact sectors, for possible insights into the problem/workaround?
    Quote Quote  
  3. The sectors which cause error are:

2165136 to 2165151 and
    2165201 to 2165215
    Quote Quote  
  4. This is a really odd problem, if all 50 discs are bad at the same point.

Can you detect defects visually? Bad dye, specks in the plastic, etc.?

I realize I'm not helping you with your original question about software the can exclude specific sectors, software of which I'm unaware exists, but others may have suggestions.

Experts: What's going on here?
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    If the disks are truly defective then there isn't much that you can do.

Don't know why you can't return the disks or at least go bitch to the store and see if they will do something.

Or did you buy them from Ebay ??
    Quote Quote