VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Hi Blu-Ray burners!

I am thinking of buying a Blu-Ray writer, to cut down on my disc count of DVDs (by putting a few movies on one Disc).

What I am interested to know, is if there is any software that helps build Menus for Blu-Rays.. just simple ones, I want a Main Menu, in which you can select the film, and then chapters for each film.

I would also like to make a basic Pop-Up menu that has the options of going back to the main menu, and chapter selections.

Is there anything out there like that yet? Something kind of like Adobe Encore, but for Blu-Ray?
    Quote Quote  
  2. I'm a Super Moderator johns0's Avatar
    Search Comp PM
    I think,therefore i am a hamster.
    Quote Quote  
  3. Thank you John for your quick reply.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    I know you said you want menus. But if a file name list will do, all you need is imgburn. This assumes the player you choose will play files from BDR root. The next step to menus requires at least AVCHD disc authoring within a BDMV file structure.
    Last edited by edDV; 11th May 2012 at 21:53.
    Recommends: Kiva.org - Loans that change lives.
    http://www.kiva.org/about
    Quote Quote  
  5. ImgBurn works with Blu-Rays?
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by HamishT View Post
    ImgBurn works with Blu-Rays?
    Works great but the player needs to read unauthored data files.

Not a problem with my older Sony BX-37 (BDP-s370).
    Recommends: Kiva.org - Loans that change lives.
    http://www.kiva.org/about
    Quote Quote  
  7. Originally Posted by edDV View Post
    ImgBurn works with Blu-Rays?
    Works great but the player needs to read unauthored data files.

Not a problem with my older Sony BX-37 (BDP-s370).
    Hmm, not sure what my player will handle.. Panasonic DMP-BD60. I think i'd prefer authored discs I guess..
    Quote Quote  
  8. I checked out that MultiAVCD, and tested it on a DVD in AVCHD format, before I move onto BD-R discs (expensive here), and the main menu showed up ok, but when you press down to go to another option, it goes black, then comes back to the option..

also the videos didn't play in the correct aspect ratio?
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    I checked out that MultiAVCD, and tested it on a DVD in AVCHD format, before I move onto BD-R discs (expensive here), and the main menu showed up ok, but when you press down to go to another option, it goes black, then comes back to the option..

also the videos didn't play in the correct aspect ratio?
    Sounds like a possible an authoring problem and/or video problem (ie ref count). What does mediainfo say about the files?
    Murphy's law taught me everything I know.
    Quote Quote  
  10. The program did make a siren sound and I saw 'eac3to' flash up, but I have that installed so I can't see why that would happen.

Here is a mediainfo scan attached
    Image Attached Files
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    MultiAvchd should be able to build a blu-ray\AVCH that with no problem. Art you letting MultiAVCHD convert the video as well as the audio? If so could you post the mediainfo for the converted file? Are you choosing BD or AVCHD output?
    Last edited by dragonkeeper; 15th May 2012 at 00:11.
    Quote Quote  
  12. I'm a Super Moderator johns0's Avatar
    Search Comp PM
    The file isn't blu-ray compatible since it's 1920x816 and it has to be 1920x1080 to play right,let multiavchd transcode,you can run the file through mkvmerge to make it mkv and play the file through a usb or data disc,this way doesnt need re-encoding or authoring but you won't get a menu,just a file list or icon for the file.

Check your manual to find if your player will play mkv through usb or data discs.
    I think,therefore i am a hamster.
    Quote Quote  
  13. Banned
    Search Comp PM
    multiAVCHD works fine for most players, but for there are a small number of players that cannot play what it produces. I have a Momitsu region free player and it is such a player. Unfortunately you may have to try various combinations of output settings until you get something that works or you may simply not be able to produce BD output that works correctly on your player with it. I had basically the same problem as you. Most of what I made with multiAVCHD did not nothing on my player, but the best I ever got was having the main menu come up but then nothing on it worked.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by jman98 View Post
    multiAVCHD works fine for most players, but for there are a small number of players that cannot play what it produces. I have a Momitsu region free player and it is such a player. Unfortunately you may have to try various combinations of output settings until you get something that works or you may simply not be able to produce BD output that works correctly on your player with it. I had basically the same problem as you. Most of what I made with multiAVCHD did not nothing on my player, but the best I ever got was having the main menu come up but then nothing on it worked.
    I had an oddball Maganvox player that i thought as the same way, but it turns out that it can read content that is burned to a DVD if i use the AVCHDStrict setting, static menus with no music.
    Quote Quote  
  15. Encore works fantastic for everything! ......Except authoring Blu-Ray. You would not believe how such a prestigious company like Adobe could tarnish their reputation with that pos they call Adobe Encore, when it comes to Blu-Ray. Bugs, bugs, bugs and more bugs.

multiAVCHD seems to be the best choice. I also had luck with Nero Vision, however the menu creation tools are quite limited.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by MindController View Post
    Encore works fantastic for everything!
    You must be using CS6?
    Quote Quote  
  17. I have a colleague who produced some very good BD titles for replication with x.264 to encode and this set of software from DVDLogic:

http://www.dvd-logic.com/bdauthor/

Takes a bit of a learning curve but his investment was something like $500

Pop - up menus, Multi- audio and subtitles....even In and Out Effects on the menus. He even had a interactive map which changes has the film progresses.
    Quote Quote  
  18. Originally Posted by dragonkeeper View Post
    Originally Posted by MindController View Post
    Encore works fantastic for everything!
    You must be using CS6?

No. Not at all. I'm sure you read the next line where I said except for Blu-Ray. I am in fact using cs5. Extremely buggy.
    Quote Quote