VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Whenever I insert a CD or DVD the icon corresponding to the CD or DVD drive in "MY COMPUTER" does not display the identifying label or graphics. How can I fix this? Thanks.
    Quote Quote  
  2. Banned
    Search Comp PM
    Either some virus has entered your system,corrupting it or it isn't supporting the drive.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    The icon should stay the same, however, the drive name will usually reflect the label of the disc. Also, the label will often refresh the first time you put in a disc, but then upon swapping discs will return to the default or not change at all. This is been an ongoing issue with XP and none of the tips and tricks that I've used solve the problem. Regardless of the icon or name, it should not be affecting actual usage of the drive. This is just one of the annoying issues.
    Google is your Friend
    Quote Quote  
  4. The drive's label/graphics does not even refresh the first time I put the disc, neither when swapping discs. However, the discs are recognized by Windows,i.e., I can explore its contents via Windows Explorer or play them with whatever program I choose. I'm not sure if it's related to this issue,but I tried this fix below without success:
    http://www.microsoft.com:80/downloads/details.aspx?FamilyID=c680a7b6-e8fa-45c4-a171-1b...displaylang=en
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    I've seen other posts here and elsewhere concerning the same "problem". I haven't seen a fix to make it work correctly 100% of the time.
    Google is your Friend
    Quote Quote  
  6. Well, I guess I'll have to live with it rather than having to fresh install Windows which is not justified for an issue which is not critical since as I said before Windows recognizes CD's and DVD's.
    Quote Quote