VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Hi all,

I'm new here. I've installed the latest Windows 7 drivers from Diamond for the VC500 - and also disabled my blueTooth adapter. The Device did not install - under Device Manager there is a "OTG102" Icon under "Other Devices" that won't install.

Like I said, I've read that there was a possible conflict with BlueTooth adapters so I disabled mine under Device Manager. I'm running Windows 7 on a Dell 1510 Inspiron laptop with AMD A4 1.9GHZ machine and 8GB of RAM. Thanks for your help. - ryan
    Quote Quote  
  2. Mod Neophyte Super Moderator redwudz's Avatar
    Search Comp PM
    ry1633, please don't post the same question in multiple threads. I've deleted the other one.

Moderator redwudz
    Quote Quote  
  3. Member
    Search Comp PM
    There is a manual with installation instructions here: http://www.diamondmm.com/images/VC500/VC500CXT__Manual.pdf and a manual installation tutorial at the Diamond website: http://www.diamondmm.com/diamond-vc500-one-touch-video-capture-edit-stream.html

Did you use the instructions from either of these sources when installing the device?
    Quote Quote  
  4. Yeah, I've tried both of those and also downloaded the newest drivers from Diamond.

Some research I've found from folks who've had the same issue says that there's problem is that lists a " "Ehome Infrared Reciever" in Device Manager under the USB Devices and I don't have that device listed anywhere. As of right now, still can't get my computer to find and recognize the VC500 card device. In Device Manager it just gives a "OTG102" icon that is broken.
    Quote Quote  
  5. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by ry1633 View Post
    Yeah, I've tried both of those and also downloaded the newest drivers from Diamond.

Some research I've found from folks who've had the same issue says that there's problem is that lists a " "Ehome Infrared Reciever" in Device Manager under the USB Devices and I don't have that device listed anywhere. As of right now, still can't get my computer to find and recognize the VC500 card device. In Device Manager it just gives a "OTG102" icon that is broken.
    I don't know how the "Ehome Infrared Receiver" story originated or if it is accurate. "Ehome Infrared Receiver" refers to a Windows Media Center compatible IR receiver. I have one. Windows 7's Device Manger shows the device name as "USBCIR" for my device, not "OTG102".

There is another method for manual driver installation you could try: http://www.eightforums.com/drivers-hardware/14242-diamond-vc500-usb-video-capture-devi...tml#post180961 I have used this method a few times to install unsigned drivers for older devices with both Windows 7 and Windows 8.
    Quote Quote  
  6. I've also tried that too - doesn't work for me either. Unless I am using the wrong path? I downloaded the latest drivers for Windows 7 from the Diamond website and pointed Device Manager to both of the following links:

C:\ ... Downloads\VC500CXTDriversWinXPVista7-81Setup\Driver\x64\x64inf

C:\ ... Downloads\VC500CXTDriversWinXPVista7-81Setup\Driver\x64\

Neither of them fixed the driver - Windows just said "Windows could not find the driver for your software".
    Quote Quote  
  7. Member
    Search Comp PM
    I've also tried that too - doesn't work for me either. Unless I am using the wrong path? I downloaded the latest drivers for Windows 7 from the Diamond website and pointed Device Manager to both of the following links:

C:\ ... Downloads\VC500CXTDriversWinXPVista7-81Setup\Driver\x64\x64inf

C:\ ... Downloads\VC500CXTDriversWinXPVista7-81Setup\Driver\x64\

Neither of them fixed the driver - Windows just said "Windows could not find the driver for your software".
    The instructions were for the installation disc. Did you try this method using the installation disc?
    Quote Quote  
  8. also tried it with my CD. Same problem. Didn't find driver and and "OTG102" icon still exists in my Device Manager as a non-working device.
    Quote Quote  
  9. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Sometimes anti-malware, antivirus or firewalls can interfere with driver installation. Did you disconnect from the Internet and disable your security software before trying to install drivers? If that doesn't help, the only other suggestion I have is to post in Diamond's support forum.
    Quote Quote  
  10. yeah I've tried all those. I've been working on this for about 3 days straight and am at a complete loss. I'm supposed to have a remote session with Diamond today. I'll report my findings.
    Quote Quote  
  11. got it. Apparently I was pointing at the wrong .inf driver file when going through the Device Manager.

I don't know why I didn't catch it myself. Seems like this software would be easier to install and configure than this?
    Quote Quote  
  12. Member
    Search Comp PM
    got it. Apparently I was pointing at the wrong .inf driver file when going through the Device Manager.

I don't know why I didn't catch it myself. Seems like this software would be easier to install and configure than this?
    Yes, you would think so, but for older devices this is not always the case.
    Quote Quote  
  13. It seems there aren't too many good options for VHS to DVD software. I looked at several including the Roxio package which only got mediocre reviews. The Diamond package usually got higher reviews, so I went for that one.
    Quote Quote  
Visit our sponsor! Try DVDFab and backup Blu-rays!