VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Hi,
    I did do some searching before posting this, and I found nothing that has worked so far.
    I have an Anime, in MKV and with ASS subtitles. I also have a Windows Phone. Because I do not understand Japanese, I require the subtitles, and the default Windows Phone Movie app, and all other apps, do not have a subtitle feature.

I extracted the .ASS file, and it worked fine, and perfectly, but when I put it through Xvid4PSP 5, a lot of pixellated artifacts appeared. IE, where there was too much movement, the colour in that area froze, and could become purple when it is supposed to be black. I exported in AVI, no filters (too many, LOL) and no colour correction. The audio is also fine.

What I need is a solution to either subtitles on my Windows Phone, or a better way to hardcode subtitles, without causing extreme loss of quality. If there is no other option, I will just play it on VLC and use BandiCam, then chop and edit later.

Thanks,
    jeepman32
    Last edited by jeepman32; 30th Jul 2013 at 06:50. Reason: I needed to add a extra sentence that was relevant to the topic.
    Quote Quote  
  2. I'm a MEGA Super Moderator Baldrick's Avatar
    Search Comp PM
    What video codec did you choose in xvid4psp? xvid?

I would try increase the video bitrate or quality setting in xvid4psp, click on the config button next to the video codec.

Or try use mp4 with h264/x264 video. If the windows phone supports it.
    Quote Quote  
  3. Member
    Search Comp PM
    It was the quality scale that was stuffing it up.
    Thanks!
    Quote Quote